A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Reading anything?

Okay, so my posts haven't been book related. *sigh*

I'm reading...I AM! I just haven't felt like talking about it. After finishing Karen Ranney's Highland Lord series, I fell in to a funk. They were just so good I guess I had my fix. I reread Johanna Lindsey's Hearts Aflame and Surrender My Love last Sunday. I love me some Lindsey (in case you didn't know).

Linc and I watched the Da Vinci Code (again) on Monday. The movie launched me into a reading of the book. The book launched me into reading Mary Magdalene, Bride in Exile by Margaret Starbird. Which then spurred on The Gospel of Mary Magdalene. Which is where I'm at today.

However, now I have an itch for another historical. I'm looking for a book about a guy (Scottish probably) who takes a woman hostage. They are traveling (to war, I think). She can sew and is assigned to his tent. I know at one point she cuts up all his clothes. It's very 80's physical. Probably written by Lindsey. If the title jumps out at ya, give me a holler, otherwise you can find me waist deep in books this afternoon.

Fiona

2 touched me

Anonymous Anonymous pondered...

I think that's Judith McNaught's Kingdom of Dreams

4/16/2007 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Rowena pondered...

Yeah I was just going to say that it sounds like JM's A Kingdom of Dreams...but the woman was Scottish.

5/24/2007 09:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.