A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Collection of my favorite quotes

As I find them, I add them.

1. Who ever loved that loved not at first sight?--Christopher Marlowe

2. Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker.--Unknown

3. I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice.--Joyce Carol Oates

4. Being in power is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.--Margaret Thatcher

5. "Careful with fire" is good advise we know. "Careful with words" is ten times doubly so.--William Carleton

6. Screw you guys, I'm going home.--Cartman

7. Cartman: You guys are hella stupid.
Stan: Why do you keep saying 'hella", Cartman?
Cartman: 'Cuz I'm hella cool, that's why.

8. Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.--Faith Whittlesey

9.
Easy is an adjective used to describe a woman who has the sexual morals of a man.--Nancy Linn-Desmond

10.
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.--Rogers Hornsby

11.
Poets are like baseball pitchers. Both have their moments. The intervals are the tough things.--Robert Frost

12.
I want to tell you a terrific story about oral contraception. I asked this girl to sleep with me and she said "No."--Woody Allen

13.
Having your book turned into a movie is like seeing your oxen turned into bouillon cubes.--John LeCarre

14.
Man: Hey baby, what's your sign?
Woman: Do not enter.

15. Never argue with a woman who reads. It is likely she can also think.

0 touched me

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.