A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Friday, February 24, 2006

100 Things About Me *updated*

1. My name is not really Fiona
2. I love Reef flip flops
3. I have dark brown hair.
4. My hair was light brown until I turned 25...it changed almost overnight.
5. That really freaked my mom out.
6. I'm considered to have "virgin hair".
7. It has never been permed or dyed.
8. I will wear almost any pant or shoe but I am extremely picky about tops.
9. I have three times as many tops as pants but only wear about a third of them.
10. My favorite food is chicken strips.
11. I love to eat tator tots on Saturdays.
12. I don't have any pets.
13. I grew up on a cattle ranch.
14. We raise Beef Master cattle.
15. I smoke.
16. I am a teacher.
17. I love my job.
18. I am an only child.
19. All of my aunt and uncles live in the same county, within a 30 mile radius.
20. I grew up with my Aunt B's children living next door...we are cousins but Gonzo (oldest cousin) and I consider each other sisters.
21. My counsin's children call me aunt...because otherwise I never would have been one.
22. I know sign language.
23. I have a double major in creative writing and literature with a minor in communication disorders.
24. I read romance novels.
25. I am strangely obsessed with biographies.
26. I can speak a little Spanish.
27. I hate turnips.
28. My best friends from high school fizzled out but my friends from college are the best!
29. Mo is my best friend.
30. I cherish online relationships and people in my life think that is strange.
31. I am a borderline diabetic.
32. I like to country line dance.
33. I always end up dating non smokers (what's up with that?)
34. I drive a Buick.
35. I have an ipod.
36. I wear it everywhere, especially to the bookstore, Wal-Mart and Publix.
37. I think it is funny that young cashiers don't look twice at my earphones and older cashiers treat me like I am being "so rude" even though I have the music paused.
38. I love Eminem's music.
39. I curse...a lot.
40. I don't have a problem with pre-marital sex.
41. I think that teenage sexuality is going to be embraced by this generation and will be an accepted practice within the next 50 years.
42. Lots of people think I should feel differently about the previous 4 statements since I work with teens.
43. I think it makes me understand just a little bit better.
44. I was raised in a southern baptist home.
45. I attended the First Baptist Church of _______ for eighteen faithful years.
46. When I graduated high school I never went back to church.
47. I *would* want my child(ren) to be raised in a religion...I just haven't decided which one yet.
48. I went to FSU.
49. I rent(ed) a condo on the beach.
50. I live in Florida.
51. I hate car shopping.
52. I hate house shopping.
53. Mainly because I am VERY lazy.
54. I clean my kitchen obsessively but not the rest of the house.
55. The first time I got plastered I was 16.
56. On tequila.
57. At Englewood (FL) beach.
58. With my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and best friends.
59. We all got busted...by my dad.
60. I was in the FFA.
61. I showed steers, one first place in my class but never Grand or Reserved Champion.
62. I named all of my steers after states...Tennessee, Bama, Dakota, etc...
63. I was third in the FFA state Extemporaneous Speaking contest.
64. Good training for being a teacher and having to talk off the cuff to those kiddies everyday.
65. I'm eating tator tots right now...as I type this!
66. I loved, loved, loved Rob and Amber.
67. I think it stems from my addiction with HEAs.
68. I love reality TV.
69. My grandparents only new each other 3 days before they got married.
70. So yes, I do believe in love at first sight. It exists.
71. I know all the words to The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Baby Got Back, Ice Ice Baby and Third Rock From the Sun.
72. Mr. Rogers always freaked me out.
73. I never had a glow worm and still want one to this day.
74. My first horse was called Sunshine.
75. My first cat was called Precious.
76. My first dog was called Gretchen.
77. My mother named all of them.
78. Gretchen was a german shephard...hahaha.
79. I was scalped by a pea sheller at the age of 5.
80. My foot was caught in the bike gear at age 7 and sliced my leg.
81. I threw a broken piece of glass in Kindergarten and cut off my middle finger.
82. I carried it in a glass with ice to the ER and they sewed it back on.
83. I watched. My mother fainted.
84. I used my finger for show and tell on Monday.
85. My grandfather only had one eye and wore a patch.
86. He would let us lift it up and look under it and then would bark at us, scaring the crap out of me each time! Even when I was 16.
87. My best friend and cousin, A, killed herself over a boy in high school.
88. I like four leaf clovers.
89. I like to daydream about time travel but hate to read about it.
90. I love internet flame wars. I think they are hilariously fascinating. (still do!)
91. I cried on a plane once because I thought it was going to fall apart.
92. I type really fast.
93. I know how to pregnancy test a cow.
94. I hate writing. I only type. But when I do write, I only use pencils.
95. My favorite movie is The Big Easy and ties with You've Got Mail.
96. Anyone At All by Carole King is my all time favorite song.
97. I love football.
98. The Dallas Cowboys are my team.
99. I have watched the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice at least 16 times.
100. I have been to 48 states and Canada, but no farther.

5 touched me

Blogger Holly pondered...

#87 - Very sad
#'s 85&86 - made me LOL
#'s 80-84 - LMAO! (#84 did me in)
#72 - Me too..EEK!
#73 - I did..it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be. I swear!
#71 - Me too, but to top you, I also know all the words to Girls by Beastie Boys, Buttermilk Biscuits by Sir Mix Alot and Wild Thing by Ton Loc (even the fourth verse they don't usually play on the radio)....
#46 - me too, but it was Catholic..*shudder*
#32 - I'm trying, but it's not going so well....MM is trying to help me quit, but...MEH!
#26 - WHAT? That's...different. I might be jealous, I'm trying to decide.

I liked this. Nice job. ;)

6/28/2006 03:09:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

LOL Holly. I was thinking about making the list just about the 100+ scars on my body but decided you would be bored by #49.

Anywho, I quit cold turkey. Just put 'em down after 10 years. My dad did the same thing after 31 years of smoking. Good luck with that!

6/28/2006 09:21:00 PM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

I think I might just have to do that. The last time I quit (after my daughter was born and before I got preggers with my son) I did it slowly, going on a schedule and breaking my "habit" times and then just stopping one day. But that doesn't seem to be working for me lately (I smoke more now than I did back then), so I think I may just have to go cold turkey.

Since I'll be all alone next week, maybe I'll do it then. Then no one (except my co-workers, who deserve it) will have to deal with my bad humor. LOL

6/29/2006 01:52:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

LOL...good luck with that!

Have you tried hypnosis? Worked for a friend of mine.

...Fi

6/29/2006 04:11:00 PM  
Blogger EL PADRONE pondered...

I'm confused. You think that teenage sexuality will be embraced by this generation and will be accepted in the next 50 years (No 41 on your list).

As far as I'm aware teenage sexuality was embraced by the last generation and has been accepted for at least 30 years (or are we living on different planets? ).

There again, I'm in Europe : the States still seem to be 50 years behind the rest of us.

M.

2/27/2007 10:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.