A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Review: Daystar by Rene Lyons

I finally got a chance to read Daystar by Rene Lyons Saturday and LOVED IT!

If you remember, I reviewed Midnight Sun back when it came out in July (read review here) and I gave it an A.

I have tried paranormal romances before but they just can't seem to hook me, however, I enjoy this series so much! If you read my review of Midnight Sun, you will notice that 1) I gave it an A, 2) I loved the story and I loved Sebastian and Allie, and 3) based on the quotes, I was already smitten with Constantine. How lucky am I that my favorite character got his own story in book 2!?! Squeeeeeee!

Daystar picks up where Midnight Sun left off...Allie has just recently been turned into a vampire and Lex (Allie's sister) has moved into the house with the rest of the Templars. Constantine and Lex had a scene together in Midnight Sun, which was obviously a huge foreshadow of what was to come in Daystar.

Lexine wants Constantine. Although he is not of the living and she has never even been kissed, she knows that he is the man she wants to kiss her, caress her and do all kinds of naughty things with.

Constantine can not seem to get Lex out of his head...or his pants. Fighting the temptation of purity has become a full time job, but with most things, the best of intentions are often dismissed when beauty and desire are this overwhelming.

I really liked Constantine and Lex's story. I would have liked to see more of Allie and Sebastian in the story, but I understand that is just the series whore in my talking. After a lot of sexual tension (and my own purchase of a certain Enigma CD), Constantine has discovered the secret of the Daystar. Without revealing the secret I can't say too much about the plot except for the fact that the flashbacks of Constantine's childhood did an amazing job of endearing him (even more) to me as a reader. I enjoyed Constantine and Lex together, I felt their relationship was believable and viable. In this book, the setting changes from Damascus to England and the introduction of The Order of the Rose, The First and Isobel. I'm really loving all the characters in this series and hoping that all of their stories become more developed as we go on.

Rene has done another fantastic job. The story she weaves of Constantine and Lex is timeless. She the pure and innocent, he the tortured and damned...le sigh. Good stuff.

Kudos Rene, you've knocked another one out of the park.

Grade: A

Rene's Website with links to purchase Daystar from Samhain Publishing can be found here.

...Fiona...

3 touched me

Blogger Holly pondered...

I thought this book was great, too. Con was a fabulous hero. But I'll tell you a secret...Lucian is better. LOL

2/09/2007 01:15:00 PM  
Blogger Devon pondered...

Hey Fiona! Glad to see your back!

I need to get going on this series. Sounds good.

2/09/2007 10:18:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Zeek, I was realy happy with this book. And since Rene keeps all the characters in the other books, there will be lots more of Constantine in my future!!!

Holly, don't even go there girlfriend.

Hey Devon! Thanks! You haven't read this yet??? Get it! Get it!

Thanks for stopping by ladies!

...Fi

2/10/2007 08:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.