A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Monday, September 04, 2006

Shocking...

I go to bed with a shock and I wake up to another...bad things come in threes, right?

First of all, my sympathy goes out to Louisville running back #19, Michael Bush, who broke his leg last night. As a junior last year Bush was up for the NFL draft but turned it down to play one more season with Louisville and a shot at a better draft season. Bush had a great start to the season scoring three touchdowns against Louisville's arch rival, Mephis, before a tackle broke his tibia. Bush is out for the season and possibly his career.

It's so sad to see such a talented player lose his future in a second on the field. And to Louisville who have a good shot at winning the Big East Conference this year, I hope Smith and Stripling step up to the challenge for you. Of course, Louisville QB Brohm must be crushed. Brohm and Bush were arguablly the best 1-2 punch this year and both were top contenders for the Heisman. Hopefully Bush's replacements will continue to highlight Brohm's talent.

Then, Linc wakes me up this morning and tells me that Steve Irwin has died. How shocking! I mean, everyone always joked about it but all I can think about is little Bindi Sue. That little girl loved her daddy and it just breaks my heart.

Now if FSU loses to Miami tonight I will be in a total depression.


...Fiona...

1 touched me

Blogger Kookie pondered...

It's so sad about Steve Irwin. For the longest time, people like him who dares nature almost seem immortal.

9/07/2006 01:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.