A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Nines marry nines..


and twos marry twos.

Do you agree?

If that quote rings familiar it's because House said it in the Season 2 Finale. I chuckled when I heard it but didn't think more about it until I was watching tv this weekend. Twice couples were brought up into the conversation who were clearly off the numbers mark and I was shocked by how much it bothered (maybe not bothered but confused? or surprised?) me that a 9 would marry a 3.

Philosophical debate contintues after the cut

What about you? Ever thought about it? Are you an 8 totally in love with a 4?




Or are numbers all in the eye of the beholder?







Of course, then you must ask if money has the ability to raise you on the number line.




...Fiona...

6 touched me

Blogger Rowena pondered...

I think it matters not what number you are but who you fall in love with. If a 9 loves a 4, then by all that's holy, marry them...sometimes I can't see why a 9 would like a 4 and it makes me gape, but I don't have to understand it either, as I'm not them...so I think numbers are only in the eye of the beholder.

Great topic!

8/30/2006 04:37:00 PM  
Blogger Mailyn pondered...

Since I have no idea what the numbers are I'm going to go ahead and agree with D that I guess it doesn't matter who they are when you fall in love. Isn't love supposed to be blind? True love anyways, not if they are marrying for looks or money. LOL.

8/30/2006 06:47:00 PM  
Blogger CindyS pondered...

Well, I only wish I were a 9. Nines have their pick but then I figure they are easily swayed into extra marital affairs - hey, just give me something here!!

People have said that my dad looks like he could be a GQ model and well, my mother? I don't think she's all that hot but then I may be biased. I mean she's pretty but not Vogue material - trust me, I'm not either but anyways. Truth and all that.

Then there are 9 who are probably just the scariest people on the planet and that 3 is thinking, ah well, I'll just use selective hearing, at least they're good to look at.

Aren't I just all warm and fuzzy ;)

CindyS

8/31/2006 05:59:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

I'm liking your train of thought here Cindy! It's not that the 9 is accepting a 3 but that the 9 is so screwed up they can't get anything better than a 3. Now that's an interesting idea!

...Fi

8/31/2006 07:27:00 AM  
Blogger Devon pondered...

Do you think that you see this more often with women being the higher number or men? Which is the shallower gender? :) I've seen it go both ways, but I think I've seen it more often where I was like 'wtf' about the male partner, who was totally obese and gross. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but its interesting...

8/31/2006 09:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous pondered...

Sure, Devonna, you say that, but being with them isn't the same as *being* with them. It's easy to say you'd date Sloth (from The Goonies) if he were sweet and had a winning personality - it's another thing altogether to actually do it.

10/01/2006 11:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.