A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

So what happened?

Well, I'm not really sure. When I started blogging six months ago I was a total addict. I didn't think there was any way I could go a day without my 'blog fix'. And then this summer, with nothing else to really do, I put it into overtime. So did I get burn out? Or did real life just intrude too much?

I think a little of both.

Last week we had preplanning at school and I am a team leader, which means I run a group of teachers, three of which were new this year. So I had absolutely no time. I spent the evenings and the weekend trying to get myself together since I was spending the days helping others. And then the kids started. It looks like this might be a really nice group this year (knock on wood) which we need because the last two years, woooo, have they been rough. And man, I forgot how exhausted you are the first week! Linc and I have been working till 6, then I'm too tired to cook so we go out to eat, add the 30+ minute drive home and by the time I walk in the door at 8:30-9:00 I'm just too pooped to do anything other than go to sleep. I didn't even call my folks this week and usually I'm on the phone with Scarlett or Jimmy at least every other day.

And then Linc bought a TV. Yep, last Saturday evening, one day before kids started, my husband bought a 50 inch Sony LCD television that once we got home was HUGE. So big in fact, that we had to rearrange the entire living room. Which ended up requiring us to move the furniture in three rooms. I completely rearranged and redecorated our house Saturday and Sunday evening after working full days. It's just been crazy!

So things are starting to get back to normal. I vegged and relaxed yesterday and I feel much better. My students start reading tomorrow in class so I will have 20 minute mini breaks each period which will give me time to do all my teacher stuff and free up my afternoons for...blogging! I apologize for dropping off the face of the earth for so long. I know how upset I would have been if it was one of you.

I'm here, I'm back, and maybe better than ever!

Of course, I have done absolutely no reading.

...Fiona...

7 touched me

Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

Yay! I'm glad you're back Fi, I missed you. :P

But sounds like you had a productive week and hopefully your class goes well this year.

8/27/2006 10:56:00 AM  
Blogger sybil pondered...

welcome back!

you were missed

8/27/2006 02:25:00 PM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

Welcome back, Fi! I missed you, but I totally understand about RL intruding.

8/27/2006 05:17:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Hey guys! And thanks!

...Fi

8/27/2006 07:13:00 PM  
Blogger Kristie (J) pondered...

I wondered what happened to you and then figured school was keeping you busy. Glad to see you back again!!

8/29/2006 12:27:00 AM  
Blogger Rowena pondered...

YAY, Fi's back!

Welcome back sweetie!! Thanks for letting us know what's going on with you, we missed you! =)

8/29/2006 04:02:00 PM  
Blogger CindyS pondered...

Phew! I thought maybe you were mobbed by a classroom full of kids and were in intensive care. Yeah, okay, I think it's some sort of gift to keep 20 kids under control for any length of time. My two Godchildren can having me wishing for alcohol in under 3 minutes.

Glad you're back!!

CindyS

8/30/2006 05:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.