A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Monday, August 07, 2006

Last Day...now with pictures!

Because of Beth, we had breakfast at Ann Sathers. It was wonderful. I had a mushroom and swiss omelet and Linc had french toast. We shared the cinnamon roll. Yum. The food was good and the coffee even better.
More below the cut...

After breakfast we rode the L down to the Field Museum where we spent the rest of the day. At 3:30 we got in to see the traveling King Tut exhibit. We never made it to Ft. Lauderdale when it was in FL so we went in Chicago. It was good but we were disappointed that none of the coffins holding Tut were on display. Just a wooden bust and a mini version called a shabti.




After 7 hours at the museum, we went back to Navy Pier. We had dinner at BeBops.


Then we headed over to the IMAX theatre and watched Superman Returns 3D. It was really good. I didn't like Lois Lane's characterization and of course I didn't feel their was enough of a love story, but it was surprisingly good.

I'll be back at the home base Monday night. I have one week until school starts back and Scarlett has been at my house for 4 days so it will probably take the next week to undo all of her rearranging! LOL

Fiona

4 touched me

Blogger Mailyn pondered...

that's always the not-so-fun part of the vacation: heading back home. lol.

8/09/2006 11:40:00 AM  
Blogger Samantha pondered...

I'm so jealous that you actually got to see the Tut exhibit. When I went with a friend they were completely sold out.

8/09/2006 04:20:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

We got there at 10 am Samantha and couldn't get in to see the exhibit until 3:30. It was sold out almost every day that it was in FL.

8/09/2006 09:07:00 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

I'm jealous you got to see King Tut. I love ancient egyptian culture.

Thanks for posting pictures Fi-I really enjoyed them. :P

8/10/2006 10:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.