A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Strike, FOOTBALL and...other stuff

The strike is going well Sybil! I actually haven't had a yearning to go into a New Book Store (NBS) yet. We were at the mall yesterday and when I walked by Walden I started to go in just because of habit but stopped myself. Linc asked if we were going in and I had to tell him about the strike. He laughed and asked what I was going to do after the 30 days. I'm thinking I might keep right on going and see just how long I can last!

Will football ever start??? I'm dying here! Since I started blogging in March I haven't had the opportunity to talk about football. I love high school football. Live and breath it. I grew up in a town where there was nothing but football, my dad was a coach and we went to games three nights a week. (yep, three, middle school on Tues, JV on Thurs. and Varsity on Friday) I keep track of four different high school teams: my dad's in central Florida (I even drive the 2 1/2 hours on Fridays to see the really good games), the two that my middle school feed into (Sebastian and Vero) but Vero is "my team" (Go Indians!) and Chaminade Madonna in Miami.

Vero's not having a great year. We lost to Sebastian for our kickoff classic and we had a really bad night Friday losing to Santaluces 16 to 6. At one point our receiver fumbled the ball (for the third time) on the 6 and at the end of the play with number 1 kneeling on the field in embarrassment, the sprinklers came on. It was classic. However, South Sumter is kicking ass again this year (go coach Sherman!) and won at Lake Butler 47 to 0.

FSU plays Miami tomorrow (yea!) and NFL starts Thursday (double yeah!)

We are currently in a three day weekend with very few games to watch. I'm currently watching Memphis at Mississippi (meh) but all their talk of this week's upcoming games (Ohio, WV and FSU) is making my mouth water. We went and watched PoC Dead Man's Chest last night. I liked it a lot. I don't think it got a fair grade from the critics and viewers and Linc and I both thought the ending was good. Then, just to tease myself some more we watched Invincible. Damn but I need to get me some ESPN Classic. Been meaning to do that.

We decided to cave and get HD programming from BrightHouse. Since we now have an HD TV and all. Now that I'll have a box I can get additional programming. I'm awfully tempted to get the NFL on Demand.

Okay, you're sick of the football talk already, aren't you?

LOL

Oh, I started reading again! Yea! Darcy and Elizabeth. Started last night and I'm on like chapter 13. It's really good so far! For those of you who read Mr. Darcy Takes A Wife by Linda Berdoll, this one seems to be just as good!

...Fiona...

2 touched me

Blogger Mailyn pondered...

Damn girl, you have way more self-control than I do. I cannot stick to my "pledge" of waiting to finish my TBR to buy more books. I think I'll just give up on it. LOL.

Love football! I love a lot of sports but I rather see them live than on TV. I can't really get into them on TV so I don't follow any teams. I love going to college and high school games. Fail that, I see them at the local parks playing on the weekends. It's fun!

The best live games I've seen where in NY, basketball. OMG those people could PLAY!

9/03/2006 11:53:00 PM  
Blogger Rowena pondered...

I love that I finally have a reason to go watch live football again. It's WAY better than watching football on TV.

My nephew plays football for his high school and every friday night, you can see me in the stands, cheering my ass off, so much fun!

I can go through periods of time when I won't go into a bookstore for like EVER, but then once I go on a strike or forbid myself to go to the bookstore, that's when I want to go the most...good luck on your strike sweetie.

9/14/2006 05:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.