A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Sunday, February 11, 2007

10 weird things about me

Like I'm not weird enough without spelling it out. Bookwormom tagged me.

1.I can't stand long fingernails (the natural kind, not acrylics). It "squicks" me out. I have to cut/bite mine and I make a conscious effort not to look at women's hands if they have naturally long fingernails.

2. I take showers with the bathroom light off. Started when I was a kid. I thought I was getting a little more sleep because I wasn't fully awake yet.

3. I like to eat real food for breakfast (I'm eating Chinese now, it's 9:00 am).

4. I don't like pens. I prefer... to write with freshly sharpened pencils. Ticonderoga pencils. I have two pencil sharpeners at home and two at school.

5. I don't like talking to people in the lobby of our condo. I will sit in my car until they leave instead of walking in and having to say, "hi".

6. I had a lot of credit card debt in college. I hated bill collectors. They made me phone phobic. Now I hate hearing the phone ring and cringe every time it does.

At this point, I had to ask Linc for help...here are his answers:

7. My throat itches ( a lot) and I make this weird croaking, alligator noise in an effort to scratch it.

8. I can't burp. My husband is trying to teach me (don't ask) but having little success.

9. My kitchen has to be clean. I don't care if the rest of the house is buried in dust and infested, my dishes are washed, floor swept and counters wiped down.

Gosh, this was hard!

10. I watch tv in a mirror while I work on my computer.

...Fiona...

9 touched me

Blogger Bob & Muffintop pondered...

Ok- #9? Me too. #2- I thought I was the only one, although only once in a while. #3- Son #2 does this too. He hates 'b'fast food.'

2/14/2007 07:00:00 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

That shower one is cool! LOL

2/14/2007 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Bookwormom-it's so nice knowing I'm not alone in this! Thanks, this was fun.

Ames...you should try it! I go in asleep and come out awake and refreshed!

...Fiona...

2/15/2007 06:01:00 AM  
Blogger Tara Marie pondered...

I love real food for breakfast, my hubby is horrified by this, probably because I usually eat it cold. Cold pizza, cold lasagna, cold chinese food--love it.

I never thought showering without a light was weird--do it all the time--LOL.

2/15/2007 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger Mad pondered...

#10? This is SOOO me! I do it too. LOL

2/15/2007 11:28:00 PM  
Blogger CindyS pondered...

4. I love pens so much I could spend a fortune if I had one ;) If a friend has a pen that I really like I tell them I'm taking it - sometimes they say no.

5. I'm like this - I find it awkward to catch someone's eye to say hello - and some people don't want to stop at hello. Hey, I'm walking here!

8. I never really did but in the past year and a half it's gotten bad - Bob will ask if the alien has given birth.

9. I know not what this 'clean' thing is.

cindyS

2/16/2007 12:31:00 AM  
Blogger Kristie (J) pondered...

I loved how you had to have Linc help you - and he did! That cracked me up.

2/16/2007 08:15:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Tara...oh cold! No, no, no, I could never do that! hehe I do eat mine heated up in the micro.

Zeek...what's your poison of choice?

LOL Mad!

Cindy...hahahaha. Do you need MerryMaids number? They are fantastic!

Kristie...he was more than happy to help! Claims it "keeps me grounded", but heaven forbid I point out something 'weird' about him! He'd pout for a week! LOL

Who knew that taking a shower with the light off wasn't weird!!!

...Fiona...

2/17/2007 06:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous pondered...

about #8, i can't burp either. my brother tried to teach me with no success at all. a friend tried too, but it was the same thing.
hehe :)
i can undestand how you feel

10/20/2007 09:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.