A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Look out Canada...here I come!

Yes ladies and gentlemen, you have read correctly. Yours truly just received word that she has been approved to go to Toronto, Canada for five days to the International Reading Association Annual "Reading Without Boundaries" Conference!

Woo-Hoo

Doing a little dance.

I'm so excited! Five days, 19 workshops, a young adult author luncheon along with lectures and book signings with... Chris Crutcher, Laurie Halse-Anderson (squeee!), Lois Lowry, Walter Dean Myers and Sharon Flake. OMG, I could just pass out thinking about it!!!

School is giving me "temporary duty elsewhere" so I don't have to take personal days AND paying for my sub! I'm footing the bill for the conference and travel and expenses, but it will be soooooo worth it!

And it was all my idea!

Yipee!

Sort of softens the blow since I'm not a finalist for district Teacher of the Year.

Good thing I have my Canadian History post.

And I totally wanted to play the I love Canada YouTube song, but the video's been pulled. Bugger.

...Fiona...

8 touched me

Blogger Devon pondered...

ooh! that sounds excellent!

2/10/2007 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

That's good news Fiona!! Too bad I don't live in Toronto. :P You know what I'm going to ask for right? PICTURES. LOL

2/11/2007 12:47:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

I will probably be able to oblige you there, Ames!

I'm so excited Devon! And did I mention I get to go alone!?! For someone who is always with someone else (I love you honey!), this is too cool.

...Fi

2/11/2007 08:47:00 AM  
Blogger Kristie (J) pondered...

Nify Keen!! When are you going?? I live about 2 hours away from Toronto and Cindy less than that!! We should see if we can arrange something!!

2/11/2007 02:15:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

May 13-18 Kristie...and I would love to get together!

Fiona

2/11/2007 02:45:00 PM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

How awesome, Fi! I want pictures, too!

2/11/2007 04:25:00 PM  
Blogger Kristie (J) pondered...

In May eh? I think that gives me enough time to ask for a day or two off. We shall have to "talk".

2/13/2007 07:39:00 PM  
Blogger CindyS pondered...

Wow! Someone who is excited to come to Toronto - I thought I was the only one and I only live an hour away ;)

On a clear day you can see the CN Tower from the 'mountain brow' of Hamilton (we call it a mountain but it's more of a bump - I saw real mountains when I went to Maine and that ain't what I'm living on )

I wish I knew where my calendar was - I have to mark the dates down!

Cindy

2/16/2007 12:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.