A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Tag...You're It!

Izzy got me...

1) When did you first start blogging and why? I started blogging about a year ago but I didn't have a theme or any real reason to be there. After I started finding more romance oriented sites I dropped my blog and started the Farrago in April.

2) What don't you talk about? Hmmm...if I don't talk about it why would I tell you? hehe Like Izzy, I don't talk about... sex, some things should be private. I have a second job that I don't talk about due to some people's sick googling abilities. And I leave out most of the family drama. I already have to live with it, why rehash it in writing?

3) Are you and your blogging persona the same person? Very much so. What you see is what you get. Only, I probably come off more forceful/pushy in real life. I'm a natural leader and I teach on my feet so I tend to speak without thinking a lot. In the blogosphere I get to reread and edit before I hit 'send'.

4) How do you use blogging to build friendships? The teaching profession is one of the least read professions. It is utterly embarrassing. Blogging allows me to connect to people I share a passion with. I have something to talk about other than the weather and work.

5) How would you describe your writing style? Realistic. I tend to type the way I speak. I'm a fast typer so I usually talk to the computer screen and my fingers record the transcript.

I'm tagging:

Jennie (jennie's b[ook]log)
Valeen (TAP)
Wendy (Our resident super librarian)
KristieJ (The Cravenator)
and
Devon (No baby, that's no stake...)

...Fiona...

4 touched me

Blogger Teena in Toronto pondered...

I'm in via Izzy.

7/19/2006 10:30:00 PM  
Blogger Isabel pondered...

LIke your answers there. I guess I'm the same way with writing style.

7/19/2006 10:44:00 PM  
Blogger Jennie pondered...

Oh dear! :)

7/20/2006 11:56:00 AM  
Blogger Devon pondered...

Hey, I've never been tagged before! I'm excited.

It's funny that you say that teachers are not so well read. I'm always surprised at how little knowledge they have of even age appropriate literature. I'm going to make a generalization and say that its more elementary school teachers. Although I have known and worked with some very intelligent and creative elem. teachers, don't get me wrong, they just rarely come in to my place of work. Maybe its because they have to know a little bit of everything. I've dealt with people who didn't know Dr. Seuss, and last night I had a student teacher who had a very hard time grasping the difference between historical fiction and non-fiction. I'm all, "Do you need a made up story or one with real facts?," like I do with the kids. It made me feel a bit worried. Little tangent there.

7/20/2006 02:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.