A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Midnight Sun and Highland Fling

Thanks to the girls at Sanctuary's Finest I found Rene Lyons and bought her first book, Midnight Sun from Samhain today. This book isn't historical (it's paranormal), but it is about the Knights Templar, so who could resist?

Here's a blurb:

Where the damned come to play. When things go bump in the night, Allison Parker bumps back. As the resident ghost hunter in a quiet, rural town, she's thrust into the nocturnal world of the Templars. Embracing the night, she finds a place where she belongs. Damned by God, Sebastian of Rydon knows only blood and death. After eight hundred years of merely existing, he learns what is to live when Allie comes bursting into his life. Her spirit guides him out of the dark. Caught in a web of hate and revenge, they search for love as their world is torn apart.

I had some issues downloading the book and I just want to give a shout out to the girls working MyBookStoreandMore technical support! You guys rock! My e-mails were answered within the hour, they helped me with my ebook software (I hadn't downloaded ebookwise librarian) and then for safe measure sent me another file. I'm so impressed. 5 out of 5 stars for MBaM customer service!

Can you say Highlander? Laird? Hot sex?

While at Barnes and Noble today I decided to look for Jennifer LaBrecque's Highland Fling. It is a Blaze and I found it behind two other Blaze books! Last one...go Fi! Anyway, it is a time travel. Man, am I stepping out of my zone or what?!? Anyway, Kate Wexford is transported over 200 years back in time to Scotland and into the bed of Laird MacTavish. I didn't know with this being a Blaze if it would have an HEA so I skipped to the back and was sold! I bought it and I'm already halfway through. Which is good seeing that I have three books I need to read and talk about ASAP.

As for the hamster scene on the first two pages of the book...I laughed out loud on the punch line. It really was funny. And I don't know about the hamster being an urban legend, but I do know that Mr. Garrison did it to Mr. Slave once on South Park. hehe

...Fiona...

3 touched me

Blogger Grace pondered...

Ooh good on ya Fi!! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Rene's book. :D I LOVED it!!! Sebastian is so bloody fine. *dreamy sigh*

Happy reading!

7/19/2006 04:53:00 AM  
Blogger Suisan pondered...

Damn, that's two posts on Midnight sun already.

I think I have to go buy it.

7/19/2006 04:53:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Suisan, I'm 2/3 of the way through and loving it. Just absolutely loving it. Review to come as soon as I'm done!

Fi

7/19/2006 05:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.