A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

The best day evah!

First of all I would like to say that tomorrow at 1:01 pm my vacation will officially start! Summer school will be over and I will have 30 straight days of sleeping in, binge reading and beach bumming! Yipee!

Now, on to the good day...

We had a huge breakfast at school this morning and I made cheese grits which everyone ooh'd and aah'd over.

My kids were soooo well behaved today!

Then I went to see Rachel, my indie bookseller friend. We sat around her counter drinking caps and talking about romance books. A costumer came in and asked us about what authors we were talking about and I got to gush over Garwood!! She then bought The Wedding! And then we talked about more books, authors, this month's RT, blogs and just had an all around girly afternoon. It was great.

Then I took myself to the movies. Yes ladies, I went to the movies by myself! I used to do that in college and right after and I remember how embarrassed I was about going alone. Now that I'm married it doesn't bother me at all. I guess its because I could have someone with me if I wanted...but I didn't! ;-) Anyway, Linc's in class tonight so I took my happy butt to see The Lake House...aka THE BEST MOVIE EVAH! OMG! It was good, no, great, no, awesome! Oh my, oh my, oh my. I loved it! To say the least.

Now I'm home and I'm going to curl up on the sofa with my 'puter and a bowl of mac n cheese and blog hop and begin Lion's Lady.

Have a great Thursday evening!

...Fiona...

8 touched me

Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

Hey Fiona - glad you got over the reading slump and hope to see you around. LOL

You're so lucky you get a month off. Enjoy all the reading. :P

7/13/2006 08:11:00 PM  
Blogger Mailyn pondered...

sweet! man I need a vacation soon. ugh. I can't wait to go to Vegas. what are your plans?

7/13/2006 08:14:00 PM  
Blogger Isabel pondered...

A month off, I envy you.

7/13/2006 10:40:00 PM  
Blogger Suisan pondered...

I remember liking the lion's lady, but for the life of me I absolutely cannot remember a single detail about it.

I guess there's a Lady? And maybe a Lion?

7/13/2006 11:54:00 PM  
Blogger CindyS pondered...

30 days of vacation - wow!! Course, I guess people would consider me on permanent vacation ;)

I want to see The Lake House but I told Bob once that I was going to go to a movie without him and he said 'don't' because he would always go with me. Yeah, but...I want to see a movie I'm pretty sure you have no interest in. Aw, well. I do so love my DVD player!

I just caught up on your Garwood glom. *sigh* I loved historical Garwood ... she was perfect. Now I want to re-read the Wedding because I can't remember it.

Have you read Honor's Splendor? Yum.

CindyS

7/14/2006 05:30:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Thanks Ames!

I'm just bumming around the house for the next two weeks Mailyn. Going to visit my preggers friend Q and my BF Mo has been talking about coming up. I'm going to stay a couple of days at the ranch but don't know when. And then August 1-7 Linc and I are going to Boston AND Chicago! Yipee! More on that later.

The summer off is nice Izzy. Of course everything is a trade...I work 10-12 hour days and take work home with me, both physically and mentally, every day.

I think there is both a Lion AND a lady Suisan! I'll let you know once I get into it.

LOL Cindy! Are your books unpacked from the cave yet? I haven't read HS...but will!

Fiona

7/14/2006 06:48:00 AM  
Blogger Valeen pondered...

I liked Lion's Lady .. not as much as The Bride but it was great.

You are so lucky and I'm extremely jealous. I get two whole weeks, none of which I've taken yet because we are extremely busy. Will blog about that one later on.

I've had to go to the movies on my own as well! LOL, especially to the really sappy ones that Ryan will not go to.

7/14/2006 07:53:00 AM  
Blogger Tara Marie pondered...

Ah, life doesn't get any better than that. :D

7/14/2006 08:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.