A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Finished Master of Desire

I just finished reading Master of Desire by Kinley MacGregor. Now I remember why I liked her so much!

Have you ever been so involved in a book that you stayed up hours past your bedtime trying to finish and with just 50 pages left you can't do it? You just can't keep your eyes open one more minute so you go to bed and then wake up before the alarm clock goes off and you grab your book before even turning on the light. And then, while reading before work you keep glancing at the clocking chanting to yourself, "I can do it, I can do it, I can finish." And then at about the point of no return where you either have to put the book down or be late to work you stop and sniff yourself thinking, "I didn't do much yesterday. I could go without a shower."

Yeah, me neither.

...Fiona...

7 touched me

Blogger Marg pondered...

I read this myself not too long ago and really liked it. Some of her books aren't that great though!

7/11/2006 05:05:00 PM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

ehm...I have no idea what you're talking about. I've never, ever gone in to work 15 minutes late and not smelling my best because of a book. Nuh-uh. Not me.

7/11/2006 05:28:00 PM  
Blogger Valeen pondered...

I must say I've never gone without the shower but I've read the book while getting dressed, then at the stop lights on the way to work and then IN work if no one is there before me.

BORN IN SIN is my favourite KM! Mmmmmm ... so good.

7/11/2006 06:04:00 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

LOL Fiona. I've gone stinky into work, but I do what Valeen does.

A book hasn't kept me up late in a looong time.

7/12/2006 10:34:00 AM  
Blogger Rowena pondered...

LOL, again I thought I was the only one who did this! LMAO.

7/12/2006 01:37:00 PM  
Blogger Rowena pondered...

..oh and I really liked this series too.

7/12/2006 01:38:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

I know what you mean Marg. I don't remember which one I read that turned me off but I'm glad I decided to give this one a try.

ROFL Holly!

I would say that I've been trying to drive and read this week, but since my husband might look at these comments, I would never do that ever...ever!

I hate that The Bride isn't working for you Ames. I suggest the MacGregor if you're still up for a good historical though.

LOL Dylan.

...Fi

7/12/2006 08:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.