A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Post Game Show

Yesterday Linc and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary! Woo-Hoo! Go us!

Anywho, we had a nice day. We both worked and when I got off at noon we had lunch at Ruby Tuesday (that story will be posted on ABM2) and then Linc gave me $50 to go book shopping while he finished up work! Yeah!

I went to BAM and bought two Mangas...I'm interested to see what this is all about and I must say that Bookseller Chick's post yesterday peaked my interest. I picked up Earthian Vol. I and Same Cell Organism. They sound interesting. I'll let you know.


After the book store I picked Linc up and we drove to Vierra where we had reservations at The Melting Pot.

Holy Cow.

We only had to wait about 5 minutes and then we were taken back to our table with a dozen red roses on it! Yes! He got me roses!

Pictures below the jump...

The lighting was practically non-existent, so the pictures are really dark...sorry!

Here is a pic of the roses on the table. The thought was great but cooking your food on the same table as this out of control arrangement was not so good. LOL


Here is a better pic of the wild flowers in the kitchen.


We ordered the Fondue Feast. It is a 4 course meal. We dipped bread, veggies and apples in a cheddar cheese melt for our first entree.

Linc had a mushroom salad (minus mushrooms) and I had the chef salad. His salad was yummy! Mine looked like someone had sneezed on it. And the dressing tasted even worse!

Our main meal was next. All of the food comes out raw and you cook it in the cooking sauce of your choice. We picked the Mojo. Yummy! The raw platter is below. It had lobster, tiger shrimp, filet mignon, pork, chicken, spinach ravioli and asian potstickers.


Here is a pic of Linc cooking his dinner.


And here is my plate...about halfway through. It looks a lot less appatizzing in a flat pic! LOL


And here is dessert! Yowsers! It is a plate with sliced bananas, strawberries, pineapple, squares of chocolate and blondie brownies and marshmallows rolled in cookie crumbs with a cheesecake in the middle. The waitress put a candle in our cheesecake for our anniversary. We made a wish and blew it out...but I can't tell you what I wished for!!!

Dinner was a 9 out of 10. It was such a fun experience.

On the way home I got sick. I mean, sick-sick. Linc had to pull over while the contents of my stomach fertilized the side of the road. Once we got home I stayed in the bathroom until 2 am. Apparently the dinner was rejected by my system after a month of summer detox.

It was still a nice dinner though!

...Fiona...

6 touched me

Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

Cool! But not cool about the upchucking. I'm so glad you guys had a great dinner and those are nice flowers. :P

7/06/2006 07:50:00 PM  
Blogger Megan Frampton pondered...

Happy Anniversary! The flowers are lovely, and I'm glad you guys had fun, despite the side-of-the-road gurp.

7/06/2006 08:57:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole pondered...

Happy Anniversary!

Hey, we must have gotten married pretty much at similar times. My third is coming up next week.

7/06/2006 09:28:00 PM  
Blogger Isabel pondered...

I love the melting pot. We had the 4 course meal too for anniversary. Yummy.

I would love to go back. Those roses are beautiful. Happy Anniversary!

7/06/2006 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger CindyS pondered...

Happy Anniversary to you and Linc.

Sorry to hear about you getting sick, that just blows.

Hope you are feeling better!

CindyS (I read your de-tox thing and said to myself 'Oh, hell no')

7/07/2006 04:41:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Thanks for the great wishes everyone!

Fi

7/08/2006 07:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.