A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Errands, Bouquets and Idiots

I had a good day at work today. I mean a good day! We did reading groups without any screaming tantrums being thrown on the floor! Then the speech lady came and the kids finished making their books (without hitting each other!). We learned how to add numbers with decimals and then played on the playground. The basketball game didn't go that well, but nonetheless, it was still fun. Lunch was yummy baked beans, chips and nacho cheese...everyone's favorite! Then we went on a walk on the nature trail, took down our booth in the library, played Times Table Buzz and went home! YEAH!

Why is it that there is ALWAYS a line at the post office?

I drove 30 miles south today to buy the Goddaughter's Sweet 16 birthday present...a cookie bouquet. Here it is:
This bad boy was expensive! No joke! $52 plus shipping and tax! I got it from Cookies By Design. They are so cute, fun, original and GOOD! If you need a gift idea that is 'different' these are always fun.

On the way home I stopped at Burger King for a caesar salad with tendercrisp chicken. *Note to self: Burger King does not hire Harvard graduates.* Sorry, I have to remind myself of that from time to time. I waited in the drive thru for 12 minutes to pull up to the window for this:
Girl: $7.48.
Me: (Hand her a $10)
Girl: Here.
Me: I should get two dollars back not just one.
Girl: Nuh-uh.
Me: Yes. I gave you a ten. It was $7.48. I should get $2.52 back.
Girl: Whatever. (opens register) Here. (hands me $1)
Girl: Coke. (hands me drink with already melted ice)
Me: Thanks, can I have a straw?
Girl: (rolls eyes) Here.
Girl: Salad and chicken.
Me: Thanks but this is supposed to be a caesar salad and crispy chicken.
Girl: (rolls eyes) Give it to me.
Girl: Here.
Me: Thanks but this isn't a caesar salad.
Girl: Leans against drive-thru window and screams, "YES IT IS!"
Me: (smile) Can I see your manager please?
Girl: (rolls eyes) Whatever. (walks away)
Manager: Can I help you?
Me: Do your caesar salads have tomatoes on them?
Manager: (looks behind him at picture on board) No.
Me: (holds up salad) This salad has tomatoes. I ordered caesar.
Manager: Sorry. Here, I'll get you a new one.
Me: Thank you!
Girl: Here. (hands me new salad)
Me: (look inside...garden salad with tomatoes) Have a nice day! Thanks for all your help.

*le sigh*

...Fiona...

12 touched me

Blogger Holly pondered...

I swear, some people are so retarded.

I worked drive-thru for a really long time, and I promise it's not as hard as some stupid people make it seem.

Honest!

LOL

6/29/2006 06:20:00 PM  
Blogger Kailana pondered...

Around here it is the Wendy's and MacDonalds that sucks. My boyfriend doesn't like tomatoes, we have reached the point where I go without tomatoes at Wendy's because they can never get it right. And the other day, he got a veggie burger instead of a chicken. There's a big difference folks! McDonalds is just really really slow. These are the reasons why I hate eating out. :)

6/29/2006 09:32:00 PM  
Blogger Kate pondered...

1. You're an excellent godmother. You available for hire?

2. Your blog is gorgeous. I forgot to mention that before.

3. Did you ever hear that 911 call from a woman who wasn't going to leave a fastfood restaurant until she GOT Exactly WHAT SHE WANTED? (really. Snopes verified that it happened) You could have tried until you got the RIGHT SALAD. . .

6/29/2006 11:52:00 PM  
Blogger Isabel pondered...

HOw rude of the girl. And I can't believe she gave you attitude.

Love the cookie basket.

6/30/2006 12:01:00 AM  
Blogger CindyS pondered...

Dang, if I send you my address can I get a cookie bouquet?

Bob used to be embarassed about how I order my food at a drive thru. I'm very specific for a reason. Up here if I go to Harvey's it "I would like a hamburger *is that a combo?* yes, but, the hambuger has to be well done *with everything?* No. With extra ketchup and onions ONLY (must stress the only or you get everything) and I would like to upsize the fries but leave the coke a medium *anything else* yes, I want extra ice in my coke *anything else* no that's it. At the window (you have to wait until the window) I go to hand them the money but hold it until their eyes reach mine, I would like 6 vinegar, 6 salt and a fork in the bags. *'kay*.

I also check the bag before leaving the window. Tim Horton's was famous for making me the completely wrong sandwich and I can only eat their turkey bacon sandwich (I take most of the meat off because I don't like cold meats but started eating healthier so I learned to tolerate sliced turkey) I will sit in the drive thru and open up the sandwich - knock on the window and say *I asked for a turkey bacon sandwich, not this chicken breast thingie*

In all honesty, if the clerk leaves the window I'm afraid to eat the food in case they spit in it - I know, I'm gross but I may have handed her the salad again and asked for my money back.

Oh and I'm sorry that you are back teaching 13 year olds because I know how much you were enjoying teaching the younger children.

CindyS (long-winded strikes again!)

6/30/2006 05:12:00 AM  
Blogger Valeen pondered...

LOL - see Fiona, someone else who knows what Tim Hortons is and how bad their service is. They don't hire Harvard Graduates either.

Isn't it sad?? How in the hell can they screw up a coffee???

6/30/2006 08:03:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

I worked drive thru also Holly! Steak N Shake for 5 years!

I agree Kailana...they are ALL bad! LOL

Kate,
1. HAHAHA...thanks! And, uh, are they cute?
2.Thank you!
3. No! I hadn't! But that is soo great, even if it is an abuse of the system!

I was pretty shocked when she all but screamed at my Izzy!

LOL Cindy! I always worry about the spitting. Or putting it on the floor. I saw some nasty stuff done to people at SNS.

I thought the same thing Valeen! How funny!

...Fi

6/30/2006 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger Tara Marie pondered...

The fast food world seems to be run by the clueless doesn't it?

Love the new look.

6/30/2006 10:56:00 AM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

LOL @ Cindy.

It was 7 years for me, Fi. At Dairy Queen. Just FYI, I don't really like ice cream anymore. LOL

6/30/2006 02:15:00 PM  
Blogger Mailyn pondered...

oh god, I hate drive thru's. always some idiot working there who either has no clue or just plain doesn't care. lol.

6/30/2006 06:05:00 PM  
Blogger Kate pondered...

here you go.
911 call about burgers. . . http://www.snopes.com/crime/cops/burger.asp

6/30/2006 07:33:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Thanks Tara!

I haven't had a milkshake since I quit Holly!

LOL Mailyn!

Thanks Kate! Don't cha just love Snopes?

...Fi

7/01/2006 02:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.