A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Blog Under Construction

You may notice a lot of changes taking place here at the Farrago.

1. I would like to thank Mailyn for the wonderful green/gingham/penny jar design. I loved it but had to go in a different direction.

Thanks Mailyn!

2. Please bear with me as I adjust colors, links, etc... I know just enough about html to be dangerous!

3. And last but certainly nowhere near least, thanks to the almighty Jane who's CSS wisdom makes me bow at her feet!

4. Viewer poll!
a)How is the font? Too small?
b)What color is the center column? White or black?
c)Anything that annoys or needs to be changed?

...Fiona...

14 touched me

Blogger Marg pondered...

This template looks good too!!

6/27/2006 04:36:00 PM  
Blogger Jennie pondered...

I really love your header, it's great.

One thing, though--the links in your posts don't show up another color, so you don't know they're there unless you hover over them.
Wouldn't want people to miss out on anything. :)

6/27/2006 06:51:00 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

Wow - I look both looks you've used so far. I really like the colors of this one.

6/27/2006 07:16:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Thanks Marg.

Yeah, I noticed that Jennie. It's on my list of things to fix. I can't change my post link color without changing my sidebar link color though. Hmmm...

Thanks Ames!

...Fi

6/27/2006 07:22:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole pondered...

I like it! Easy to read.

6/27/2006 08:53:00 PM  
Blogger Bob & Muffintop pondered...

#4- The center column is blue. Love the new look!

6/27/2006 09:11:00 PM  
Blogger Isabel pondered...

I liked both templates. Mailyn made them? I was going to ask you where you got the templates cause I love them and want one. lol

6/27/2006 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger Kristie (J) pondered...

Very nice!!! I love the colours. And it's very easy to read.

6/28/2006 02:00:00 AM  
Blogger CindyS pondered...

I soooo loved the jar of money but I like this one too. I like the ragged door with the lime green chair.

Please, please, please, do not use a black background (dominant colour) because I love reading your blog and the ones with rampant black give me a headache in less than two sentences. I thought it was my eyes but had them checked and everything is A-okay. I think black backgrounds (I'm thinking that Snarking on the Snark blog had this) can be hard on the eyes of those of us no longer in our twenties ;) Right now the three columns are in a great blue and white which is fresh in my opinion. Could you move the font up just one smidge of a size? Seriously, the doc said everything was fine - maybe he lied.

CindyS - I keep threatening to do this but then I get freaked out.

6/28/2006 04:16:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Great Nicole! THanks!

LOL Amanda! The border around the blue center column is black in IE and white in Firefox. Not sure why that is happening! Thanks!

Mailyn made the first template Izzy. I made the graphic to this one, the second, and Jane (from DearAuthor) did the three column coding for me.

Thanks Kristie.

I know Cindy. I hated that the jar had to go. Wasn't that the coolest pic? I found it on Flickr. And no black backgrounds! Promise! Cross my heart and swear to stop drinking coffee if I lie! Font size...checking into that one too!

Love the input! Whoopie!

Fiona

6/28/2006 05:52:00 AM  
Blogger Valeen pondered...

I LOVE the blue color. LOVE it. For me, I use IE though, the centre column is blue with a black border around it.

everything else looks fine!

6/28/2006 09:23:00 AM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

WOW! See what happens when you sleep? *sigh*

I really liked the green, personally, but this one is good, too. I like the white on blue and the black border. I agree that the font maybe needs to be just one higher, though. It's a bit small.

I love the header, too! Verra nice.

6/28/2006 02:55:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Thanks Val!

LOL Holly. I gave you a little bit of green in this one! At the top!

Font is fixed, yes?

...Fi

6/28/2006 09:28:00 PM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

Yep, it's much better! Verra nice. ;)

I noticed the green at the top and was thankful for it. LMAO!

6/28/2006 09:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.