A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Books for review...

I get lots of books and many of them I won't ever read because they just aren't my cup 'o tea. So, instead of trading them in for pitiful credit, I offer them to you, in exchange for a review. Here are the choices:

Echoes by Erin Grady (2004)

Grin and Bear It by Leslie LaFoy (2005)

Engaging the Enemy by Nora Roberts (2003) [Reprint of A Will and A Way and Boundary Lines]

Elusive Love by Catherine Lanigan (1997)

Post your request in the comments section. First come first served. Please be able to read and review within one month.

...Fiona...

14 touched me

Blogger Rowena pondered...

Hmm, are these books contemporaries or historicals? I have Engaging the Enemy, I think I read that one, but I'll have to make sure, I'll go and read it and do a review just for you...

6/21/2006 01:18:00 PM  
Blogger Valeen pondered...

I'm wondering about Erin Grady. I just bought her book 'Whispers' last week and its out after this one you have ... I wonder if they are good. I'd hate to take on a second one if they aren't.

Anyone read her before?

6/21/2006 01:53:00 PM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

I haven't, Valeen, but I've heard some good things about her.

Fiona, I'd like to read the Leslie LaFoy one. I heard it was good.

6/21/2006 02:03:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

They are all contemporaries Dylan.

Echoes-California

Elusive Love-Florida/Hamptons/Wall Street/Hollywood

Engaging The Enemy-Manhattan/Catskills/and ?

Grin and Bear It-Montana and ?

Valeen, you bought the second without reading the first?

...Fi

6/21/2006 02:43:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

FYI...yahoo mail is messed up today.

I'm not getting some e-mails apparently.

And I couldn't log on for like 2 hours earlier.

Ugh. The blogger tech must be working over at the yahoo site.

LOL

Fi

6/21/2006 02:44:00 PM  
Blogger Valeen pondered...

UGH - krist! Are you telling me they are actually part of a series? I looked it up on her site and it didn't seem as though I had to read Echoes before Whispers - it doesn't mention anything about them being related.

6/21/2006 03:42:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Don't quote me Valeen. That was my interpretation at a guest chat one night...but I could easily be wrong.

Anyone know? Is Echoes and Whispers part of a series?

...Fi

6/21/2006 10:13:00 PM  
Blogger Kristie (J) pondered...

I may be wrong but I don't think they are related. I read Echoes when it first came out and then the outline of Whispers and I think they are unrelated so Valeen - I think you are good to go.

6/21/2006 11:59:00 PM  
Blogger Valeen pondered...

Phew ... LOL. thanks!

6/22/2006 07:54:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Thanks Kristie!

6/22/2006 07:55:00 AM  
Blogger Valeen pondered...

I can read the Erin Grady then if you wanted to send it my way. :)

6/22/2006 01:07:00 PM  
Blogger Rowena pondered...

Oh okay...I'm a chicken when it comes to checking out new authors and since all of these authors are new, I'll let ya'll fight over who gets to read them...hehe.

6/22/2006 01:40:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

The Roberts and the Lanigan are still up for grabs.

Elusive Love:

A LOVER SHE'D NEVER MET...

Susannah and Michael were meant for each other. The problem was... they'd never met, nor had their paths ever crossed. Yet they felt that someday "the one" would come along -- even as they made the most of their careers and marriages -- always hoping to find that elusive love.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUSANNAH PARKER

The down-to-earth Indiana beauty almost believed Greg Walton was the man of her dreams. As his wife, she enters a world of money and privilege -- and of rules and promises meant to be broken. From the depths of misery she finds fame and independence... unaware the love she has dreamed of is almost within reach.

MICHAEL WEST

His pride, determination and honesty made him one of Wall Street's biggest players. He creates the life he's always wanted, marries seductive bad girl Kristen Van Buren -- and discovers that life among the powerful elite is a battleground, in business and in love. But he never stops believing that one day he'll find his soul-mate.

ELUSIVE LOVE

From the beaches of Florida to the glamorous Hamptons, from Wall Street to Hollywood, they would live separate lives, find passion and heartbreak, waiting for a love that seemed always just out of reach.

...Fiona...

6/22/2006 05:32:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Engaging the Enemy:

Sometimes the last man on earth you'd ever want turns out to be the very one your heart secretly years for...


***A WILL AND A WAY

It wasn't easy living with her infuriating co-beneficiary, Michael Donahue -- even to fulfill her uncle's last wishes -- but headstrong Pandora McVie found it still harder NOT falling in love with her nemesis.


***BOUNDARY LINES

Feisty Jillian Baron and irresistibly arrogant Aaron Murdock seemed determined to carry their families' feud into another generation. But the battle waged within their own hearts pitted their mistrust against overwhelming desire.

6/22/2006 05:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.