A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Primo TV tonight!

Apparently it's gonna be Thursdays for NBC...

First up is the "exclusive" interview between Matt Lauer and Britney Spears. See MSNBC report for tonight's 9pm Dateline Interview. She cries people!

*Edited to add:

Did I buy it? No.

Did she improve her image in my eye? No. If anything, she lowered herself in my eyes. I didn't realize the girl was that ignorant. You know the saying, "Tis better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are an idiot rather than to open it and prove them right."

Did she answer a single question honestly and straight-faced? No. She smiled and used this really sleazy little girl voice that literally made Matt shudder then pouted and avoided any real answers with substance.

Grade: D

The next big thing for NBC, is the show Windfall. The show follows 20 friends who pool their money and win 386 million in the lottery.

*Edited to add:

(Going from left to right in above picture)

Beth and Cameron-I thought for sure that he had cheated on her. I just KNEW he was a sleazy scum ball. But then he shows up at the girls house and says the baby isn't his and she screams back I know just take him and he DOES! So now I'm half convinced until he walked through the door with the baby and Beth asks him what he's doing and he says, "I don't know." Ah, good job writers. Of course, now I really don't like Beth...wanting a baby...running off to Paris...kissing another man! Humph!

Nina and Peter-My favorite couple! Wasn't sure if I was going to like Peter but he is so perfect! I will not be happy if Nina leaves a good thing. Does Peter know about Nina and Cameron? I think so. Notice how pissed she got about Beth kissing that French dude?

Frankie (girl)-The misunderstood teenager. Blah. Yuck. Go away. Where is your mommy and dadddy? Now THAT is a story I want to watch.

Damien and Galina(not pictured)-I love when they name red heads Damien. LOL. HIs story with the Russian girl, Galina, is going to be interesting. Yes, I would like to see him get involved with Galina rather than Frankie but I think Galina makes a bad money move next week. Do I think she's a gold digger? Not yet, I'm still buying in to the innocent story line.

St. Ter...er, I mean Maggie-Wow. What a soul. Devoted to helping others Maggie is shown only sporadically doing good deeds and spilling the beans to the media. This might make for an interesting plot element.

Kimberly-The missing dollar girl. Well, you know as soon as she gave her son that speech about we'll never be poor again something was going to happen with the money. But I think it will be solved quickly next week. They are freezing everyone's assets. There is no story without the money so they can't carry that one on for very long. But didn't that girl claiming the $ was hers look eeeeeeeevil?

Sean (kneeling) and Zoe (not shown)-My least favorite story line. Are we supposed to trust him because he's hot? Um, no. And Zoe hasn't acted attracted to him at all yet keeps tripping into the mans bed. They need to develop these characters more if they want to make me interested.

Grade: B- for this week

The webiste looks like it might have some interesting features, including a money tracker which is coming soon.

...Fiona...

23 touched me

Blogger Holly pondered...

I watched that interview with Britney today on MSN and had a really hard time dredging up any sympathy for her, but I'm probably coldhearted like that...LOL

I thought Windfall looked good, too.

6/15/2006 04:44:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Oh Holly, it is not with sympathy that I will be watching the interview. It will be with popcorn and a hanky (the hanky is for the tears of laughter). I can't wait to hear about poor lil ol Brit and how ruff her life is.

...Fi

6/15/2006 06:53:00 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

I love hating celebs - so I'm going to laugh at Britney. Did you hear she changed her baby on the floor in a store?

Anyway, I watched the Windfall premier last week. There's one storyline, about cheating spouses that drew me in. I'll see if it gets better though.

6/15/2006 06:59:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

What's up with her hair in that picture? Is that an extension job gone poofy? And the way she is holding her arms up against her body? Brit, hon, you married that sleazy Federsomething dude...you can't look cute and innocent anymore...STOP TRYING!

6/15/2006 08:08:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

OMG! Did anyone watch this? We are only 15 minutes into this and it's like watching a train wreck!

They keep posting all these clips of Brit looking AWESOME!

Her shirt does-not-fit!

And my gosh, I just want to scream at her to spit out that gum!

...Fi

6/15/2006 09:17:00 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

I watched it. Um...ya know?

6/15/2006 10:42:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

*smack, smack*
Uh, like, yeah man.
*hair toss*

6/15/2006 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

I thought it was funny that she liked Kevin because he was simple. LOL

What did you think of Windfall? The ending pissed me off - of course they'd go after the black woman for her money. And that Sean-guy - you need protection, I'll sleep at your place. What a bunch of bull. Oh, and that cheatin-wannabe, when he took that baby. I love him now and hate his wife.

6/15/2006 11:45:00 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

Call me unobservant (because I am) but has your profile pic always been a four leaf clover?

6/15/2006 11:46:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Matt: Why do you love Kevin?

Brit: He's so...simple.....simple....and a big heart....simple....and a big heart.

I thought, that's it??????

Ames, I updated the post with Windfall review.

And good catch, I just added the clover yesterday!

...Fi

6/16/2006 07:59:00 AM  
Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

With regards to the Britney interview: When Matt asks her about Sean P, and you can tell she doesn't want to sound like a dumb ass anymore, so she says, "Let's talk about something else."
Shovel. Digging. Deeper. Hole.

LOL

6/16/2006 09:00:00 AM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

LMAO! It was like watching a train wreck, you know?

DW (The Devil Woman) was watching it with me and she said something about her crying and feeling sorry for her and I said, "Nope, no sympathy here" and DW said, "Well, look at her life. The press is always all over her and her husband is a creep and people are calling her a bad mother." and I said, "Nope, still no sympathy." And DW said, "Oh, I wasn't sympathizing, I was just saying, she sure does have a reason to cry." *snicker* I love DW. ;)

6/16/2006 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Absolutely correct Ames! She didn't even know how to appropriately change the subject. She looked like a little kid playing with ther hair and lifting her arm over her head and then she said, "Let's talk about something else, kay?" Think she could tell Matt wasn't buying it?

It was definitely a train wreck Holly! And I would cry if I was her too! To lose that body! It's a travesty, ya know?

Ames...I hadn't heard about the baby changing incident yet. What store? Please tell me she put a blanket under that boy!

...Fi

6/16/2006 05:06:00 PM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

I think (correct me if I'm wrong here) the baby-changing incident was in KMart and no, no blanket...Sad, isn't it? Diseases much?

6/16/2006 07:04:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Oh gross...she shops at Kmart!!!!!!

6/16/2006 10:40:00 PM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

Well, duh, she's "country" that's what they do. LMAO!

6/18/2006 03:12:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

hahahaha Holly! What a nice way to call her a Redneck!

Where I come from (the sticks) "Country" shops at Wal-Mart and "Trash" shops at K-Mart.

Of course, no offense to K-mart shoppers or nothing! hehe

LMAO!

...Fi

6/18/2006 06:53:00 PM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

Oh, but Fi, didn't you hear Britney herself say that? When Matt Lauer asked her about her driving with her baby on her lap she said, "My dad did it with me. We're country, that's what we do."

I about died.

I've always been a Wal-Mart girl myself, but it's all personal preference, right? LOL

6/19/2006 12:38:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

That's right! "We're country." I had forgot! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

She didn't mention that when she did it with her Dad they were out in open country on private property and not on a road with other vehicles where an honest-to-goodness wreck could happen!

I definitely shop at Wal-Mart. My grandmother says, "If Wal-Mart don't haven't, then I don't need it."

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA

...Fi

6/19/2006 06:28:00 AM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

LMAO!LMAO! That sounds exactly like something my grandma would say. Hmm, actually, I think I agree with her. hehehe

Oh, and just because it's the right thing to do *le sigh*:

The baby-changing incident wasn't at Wal-Mart..it was at Victoria's Secret, which honestly? Seems even more White Trash than K-Mart did, because generally people who shop at VS KNOW better than to just lay their baby out on the floor and change her. And apparently she tried to hand the dirty diaper off to a sales girl and the woman refused (not that I blame her), but seriously...Brit's got some issues, you know?

6/19/2006 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

Ooops, meant to say K-Mart there. Seriously, I coulda SWORE I typed K-Mart. Now who has issues?? LOL

6/19/2006 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

VS?!? OMG!

**Trash Alert**

And I doubly can't believe she tried to hand off the diaper...hahahaha.

...Fi

6/20/2006 08:58:00 AM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

I KNOW! Brilliant, isn't it? Right there on the floor in the middle of the store. *snicker*

6/20/2006 02:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.