A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Sunday, June 04, 2006


Welcome to Fiona's 100th post!

What am I doing to celebrate you ask? Well, Linc and I are having a Discovery Channel Marathon! I love these kind of days. We worked really hard yesterday (car, laundry, etc) and today we get to veg out, eating spaghetti for breakfast and blueberry muffins for lunch.

So far we have learned about the Deadly Brown Recluse Spider, The Craftiest Animal Alive (the beloved raccoon) and we are now learning about The Awesome Opossum! Not only is this one cool animal because his name has a silent O, but did you know they are immune to the venom of a diamondback rattlesnake? I didn't know any mammal was immune to rattlesnake venom. How cool!

Up next: Killer Bees

...Fiona

10 touched me

Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Can I just say that Africanized Honey Bees are scary. I mean, holy cow scary!

Tips if attacked by a Killer Bee Swarm:

-Run
-Cover your head
-Seek shelter
-Do NOT jump in water (they will wait for you to surface)

FYI...Killer bees reached the US border in 1990 and have expanded all the way to Florida and a swarm was found in Colorado. They are estimated to be moving 300 miles north every year.

Even worse, Africanized Honey Bees can convert a European Honey Bee Hive in 2 years.

...Fiona...

6/04/2006 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Mythbusters Episode # 43

Seasick? They find that most 'cures' for seasickness are a myth but that taking ginger seems to work. I've seen this one before and have severe motion sickness. I now take 1 ginger pill every morning and I can not only ride in the passenger seat but read too! Ginger works!

You can NOT stick your finger in a shotgun and make it explode

Leave the tailgate up! That's right, due to air circulation/flow you get better gas mileage with the tailgate up.

...Fiona...

6/04/2006 01:39:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole pondered...

lol I love Mythbusters.


ANd brown recluses are scary. Had a family friend die as a result of a bite. Well, as a result of refusing to have her leg amputated because of the bite...but still.

6/04/2006 08:14:00 PM  
Blogger Kate pondered...

mythbusters. Jamie and Adam are great--they've given my child an ambition for his future. He's going to join their crew and set things on fire and do horrible things to cars with chicken corpses.

6/04/2006 08:36:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Nicole-I had a friend in high school lose most of her knee from a recluse bite. Those are some nasty things!

Kate--My cousin just graduated high school and said that she wants to be an engineer because of mythbusters. It is a cool show.

...Fi

6/04/2006 09:35:00 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

I hate bees. Why would you want to talk about them. LOL
Mythbusters kick ass.

6/05/2006 06:36:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Sorry Ames...I'll shoot for rainbows and butterflies next time!

Went out to my in-laws today and saw a few bee boxes out on the edge of the property...oh did they get an earful about the dangers of Africanized Honey Bees!

...Fiona

6/05/2006 08:14:00 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

LOL

I think my fear stems from being stung pretty badly when I was younger. Really bad.

6/06/2006 12:29:00 AM  
Blogger Valeen pondered...

LOL - very interesting stuff on that Discovery channel.

Congrats on the 100th post!

6/06/2006 08:00:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Not cool Ames...same thing with me and a water moccasin.

Thanks Valeen!

...Fi

6/07/2006 09:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.