A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Movies!


We had every kids movie day fantasy on Sunday. We went to the movies at 10:30 am and stayed until 6:00 pm!!

First up was The Da Vinci Code (yes, this was Linc's idea, if I didn't know better I would think he was sneaking peeks at my blog!) with popcorn and a coke (yes, we cheated on the summer detox plan already!).

It was GREAT! I spent half the movie leaning forward, it was so good that we both want to read the book now. Great, awesome, fabulous. Hanks didn't even look sleazy with his hair! I felt that the plot was fast moving and I never felt weighed down by the history lessons, of course, I found it completely fascinating.

(PS-I bought Holy Blood Holy Grail at the bookstore today!)

Next was See No Evil. Not sure what made us more ill, the movie or the hotdogs. That movie was the goriest thing I have ever seen. It made Saw II look like a Disney movie. There was this mother who made her son go crazy with talks of women being evil and then he becomes a serial killer, pulling people's eyes out. Gross, just gross.

Since we couldn't leave with those images in our head, we watched X-men: The Last Stand. Not the best in the series, but good. Anything that is from Marvel is going to be good. And, I saw a preview for Ghost Rider starring Nicolas Cage...woo-hoo! (I'm a Marvel fan)

After that I came home and watched Something New which Ames loved and was recommended to us by Valeen at Turn Another Page. It was goooooood. After the movie there was a little extra on the Do's and Don't's of Dating and in one part Simon Baker was talking and he didn't sound American. What? He's not American? I looked it up, yep, Australian. Wow, that guy has some major control, I haven't picked up even a hint of an accent in his movies.


...Fiona...

2 touched me

Blogger Valeen pondered...

ohhhhh .. now that picture is so much better than the ones I could find. Australian? I didn't catch that at all.

Like Hugh Laurie in the show House .. I'm amazed he never slips from his American accent into his real British one.

Ryan and I meant to go watch Da Vinci Code this past weekend but didn't get to it. Hopefully this coming Saturday maybe.

5/31/2006 08:09:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

I never could do an accent, especially not foreign. The best I can do is make my southern drawl even worse! LOL

I would love to sound Irish at the flip of a tongue.

...Fi

5/31/2006 02:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.