A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Thursday 13-Questions about marriage

Thanks once again to Amanda, I had completely forgot! Linc and I have our three year anniversary coming up in two months and a discussion with a friend got me thinking today. Feel free to answer any and all questions!

1. Joint or separate checking accounts?

2. Is it ever okay to go to the bathroom and leave the door open?

3. When can you say guys on TV look hot?

4. Should I let him slide on opening the car door for me?

5. If we both work, shouldn't we both clean?

6. Should I buy that little French maid number for our anni?

7. When can I honestly say what I think about his mom?

8. Do I have to remember his side of the family's birthdays?

9. Babies? (on second thought, don't answer that)

10. Is it awful if I take the car to the shop behind his back?

11. Should I turn off the light and stop reading when he comes to bed?

12. What is the length of time to wait for odd jobs to be finished before nagging?

13. Hasn't it been the guys job since Adam to take out the trash?

Yes, most of these are rhetorical, but humorous responses and antidotes are welcome!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!



...Fiona...

3 touched me

Blogger Valeen pondered...

1. Both. One joint for savings and each our own chequing. Have to have our own or we spend more time arguing over where the money is being spent.

2. Not for me it isn't. I always at least slap it closed. He leaves it open.

4. I don't think I've remembered a time when he did open the car door for me.

5. You should - but will it realistically happen? RH's idea of cleaning is to pick it up from whereever it is and pile it somewhere else in the room.

7. Its been seven years and I still tend to keep those opinions to myself.

8. I don't. I know them by heart now but I don't remember them for him.

9. Someday. Hopefully. After we are married.

10. Is it your own car? Then no, I wouldn't say, depends what its going in for.

11. Hell no.

12. About one hour. No, lol, depends on the job. To take the trash out, yes, to fix the car, no. I have baseboard in my kitchen I've been waiting a year to be put back on. Even though I've nagged it to hell and back.

13. I believe it has been and that tradition should continue. Along with kitty litter cleaning.

5/25/2006 03:56:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

LOL to #5 Valeen. Linc drops his clothes next to the laundry basket! Not in, next to!

...Fi

5/26/2006 11:53:00 AM  
Blogger Bob & Muffintop pondered...

Disclaimer- I've been married 18 years, so what works for me may not work so well for a couple not married so long.

1. Joint

2.Not until you have toddlers

3.Now- why wait?

4.Yes-There are more important things to fight about

5. Yes

6. Yes

7. Dunno- I'm the SIL from hell & I've always been truthful with him

8. Depends- willyou be blamed if he forgets?

9. You're on your own

10. No

11. Only Sun- Thurs

12.Use preemptive nagging. Or else simply hire someone to fix it. When he whines about the $$ tell him you got tired of waiting for him. My mom did this twice before my dad realized she meant business.

13. Yes

5/27/2006 07:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.