A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Meme: Five Alive

From Maili's blog:

Here’s the instructions from Trish’s blog: Leave me a comment saying “interview me.” The first five commenters will be the participants. I will respond by asking you five questions. You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

My Questions:

1. Describe your favourite moment as a school teacher.

Oh man, to choose just one! Do I pick a sentimental tale, a sad one, inspirational, or funny? Hmmm...in honor of the end of the school year:

It was my first year teaching and my first round of 'end of the year antics'. The rumor was that there would be a food fight in the cafeteria on the last day of school. The principal came on the intercom in the morning and gave the students a speech about behaving and discipline carrying over into the next school year. We were given instructions to lecture our classes before lunch and we were even required to walk our classes to the cafeteria and stand guard over the lunch tables. Lunch was progressing well with the smiling and chit-chating teachers standing at the end of each table, hands clasped behind their backs. The kids were enjoying the pizza and chicken patties when one lone soldier stood up, yelled "Food Fight" and threw a handful of mashed potatoes across the room. Silence. Pure and utter silence as the mashed potatoes smacked against the wall and slowly slid to the floor.

2. What changes have you made in your life that you are most proud of?

Easy...no debt. Nope, none at all. Linc and I both got pretty deep into debt before we met. We have paid it all off. No loans, no credit cards, no car payments, nothing. What an amzing feeling. You know, I still look at caller id when the phone rings...old habit of avoiding the collectors.

3.If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Absolutely, without a doubt.

4.What was the most valuable thing you owned during your teen years? Why?

My fake id. Why? Hahaha. Because I lived in a podunk town with a population of 1,326 (cows out-numbered people 3 to 1) and the highlight of our evenings were standing around in the pastures drinking beer and smoking cigarettes.

5.If there was a time machine, which time period would you visit and why?

Regency England. I mean, I already lived there in a past life, was in Incomparable my first season and snagged a handsome Duke who lived to make my every desire a reality, so I know I would fit in perfectly.

Who's the next victim blogger to be interviewed?

...Fiona...

2 touched me

Anonymous Anonymous pondered...

Oh me! I shall do it. Can't guarantee I'll be able to choose 25 different questions like ya'll have been able to do though. LOL

5/22/2006 06:56:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Valeen, you've got questions.

5/23/2006 08:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.