A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Friday, May 26, 2006

Sucking me dry...

How much time do you spend blogging?

Today is not a 'real' day at school. It was pretty much optional, but I came anyway. So, I've had plenty of blog reading time. I have been sitting here all day! Except for a quick lunch at Sonny's with Linc, I have been blog hopping all freaking day! I timed myself this morning...it took me 2 1/2 hours to read all of my blogs. OMG, I need help.

Is it just me?

And to add to my apparent addiction, welcome to the blogroll:

Bev
Jaynie R
Sanctuary's Finest

...Fiona...

15 touched me

Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

Blogs are sucking me dry too Fiona. LOL When I get home after work (since I'm not supposed to be on the internet at work - so then why do we have it-oops and why am I on it right now?) I'm basically attached to the computer for the rest of the evening. Not just blog hopping - but mostly.

5/26/2006 02:37:00 PM  
Blogger Tara Marie pondered...

Depends on the day.

Saturday and Sunday, almost no blogging, family time.

Monday, Wednesday and Friday, some, but not a lot. Junior has school and I run errands on these days.

Tuesday and Thursday, I pop in and out all day.

5/26/2006 02:53:00 PM  
Blogger Jennie pondered...

Blogging is addictive! I really have to control myself at work--it's so tempting to pop on the internet throughout the day, and I'd waste so much time. (And while I don't mind wasting a little time, my boss might start to wonder why my inbox is beginning to overflow.)

I end up bloghopping mostly on the weekends just cause that's when I have more free time.

5/26/2006 03:39:00 PM  
Blogger Marg pondered...

No, it's not only you. I check before I go to work every morning, and then again when I get home. By the time I get through my Blogroll I can pretty much go through it again because at least one person will have posted again!! On the weekends I can sit here for hours. No wonder my housework never quite gets all done!

When people meet me they ask me what I like to do - I like to read. What else? I like to talk about reading!!

5/26/2006 04:45:00 PM  
Blogger Rowena pondered...

I'm totally addicted, I'll have one window open with all blogs and throughout the day I'll pop on to see what's what on different blogs and I blog hop when I get home now too and it's just flippin' ridiculous...I'm ALWAYS on this stuff.

5/26/2006 08:02:00 PM  
Blogger Kristie (J) pondered...

Oh - I spend hours doing it. I love reading other blogs (99% readers blogs) and all the comments. I'm not much of a television watcher so that's not a problem although I must confess my reading of books has suffered.

5/27/2006 06:09:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

How nice to know it is not just me! Linc always tells me not to worry, that there are much worse things I could be doing with my time (I think he means shopping).

See you around ladies!

...Fi

5/27/2006 07:17:00 AM  
Blogger Daisy Dexter Dobbs pondered...

I was just talking with my husband about this last night, Fiona, and with a few other blogging writers this past week. Keeping my blog up to date and then keeping up with all the blogs on my blogroll takes a HUGE chunk of time, but I’m hopelessly addicted. The biggest problem is that I often find myself glancing at the clock after what I think is about five minutes and gaping in horror as I see that two hours have zipped by when I was SUPPOSED to be working on my manuscript! LOL

5/27/2006 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger Bev (BB) pondered...

Personally, I think keeping up with the comments is actually more addictive than the blogs themselves. I actually had to limit myself to a three day max on following comments from any particular entry.

Of course, there are exceptions to every rule . . . :D

5/27/2006 11:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous pondered...

Personally, I think keeping up with the comments is actually more addictive than the blogs themselves.

Ditto for me. I used to try to moderate my bloghopping by rewarding myself a trip every time I have a cuppa. Unfortunately after 18th cuppa of the day three days running, I decided it wasn't working. Especially when I started to go off tea. :D

5/27/2006 12:46:00 PM  
Blogger Marg pondered...

Comments are more difficult for me because you can't tell when they have been updated on most blogs!!

Mailli...can you say tea overload!!

5/27/2006 05:44:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

You're right Daisy, it is amazing how the time flies by.

I can never remember where I have commented because a lot of people don't have the e-mail reminder or I forget to click it. I can't keep up with the message boards like AAR. I try but they just make my head want to explode! Smart Bitches is another one that can get comment overload. I want to be in the loop, but gosh!

Maili, how did the going off tea thing go for you? I go on a cycle of being too addicted to caffeine and then winging myself off again.

...Fi

5/27/2006 07:52:00 PM  
Blogger Kate Diamond pondered...

Blogging, and reading blogs, is the perfect way to fritter away an afternoon that should be spent working on silly items for grad school.

Every time I get on the computer to write a paper I just have to check one or two things... and then at least an hour has passed and suddenly I'm freaking out because my work will never get done... (I say this as I avoid a Pacific Northwest History lesson plan...)

5/27/2006 09:32:00 PM  
Blogger Valeen pondered...

I'm seriously addicted. I would say maybe three hours a day? By the time I scroll through them all in the morning its probably taken me over an hour, then all the checking I do throughout the day.

I'm not able to keep up with the comments sections either. I'd love to be apart of the AAR boards as well but I can't keep up with them. But to me, the comments sections of our reader blogs is the best parts.

5/28/2006 04:28:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

And I'm going to be home most of the summer...just me and my computer.

I'm going to have to wing myself off blogging come August!

...Fi

5/28/2006 06:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.