A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Monday, May 29, 2006

The Book Center...


I went to the Vero Beach Book Center on Friday. Nothing outstanding, it is too small, the books are poorly organized (all fiction are shelved together--including romance!) and it feels very cramped. The people are pretentious and it's just not my sort of dive. However, I found a neat concept there. Paperback book covers. Ever seen these?

I mean, I wouldn't use one because I like to flaunt my reading tastes, but it would be nice for when I pull a book out at the football games, etc.

I had also always heard people bragging about the children's center and the second floor bargain bin. I had never been able to find it and then Friday the gigantic sign practically slapped me in the face! Duh! It is in the building out back. So, I begged Linc for five more minutes and ran across the parking lot.

Oh. My. God. That children's center was the most beautiful, inviting thing I have ever seen. Books and great displays and fairies and dragons and knights and princesses and murals and things hanging from the ceiling and book sellers who knew the books and the authors and where they were located and who wanted to talk to children! *wistful sigh* I have found myself. And the second floor bargain bin...oh, I am sooooo in trouble!


So, obiously I bought some stuff while at the Book Center on Friday, but the only one really note worthy is James Patterson's Sam's Letters to Jennifer. Have you seen this? I hadn't and of course I wouldn't know if it is shelved as fiction or romance because of the BC's awful shelving, but wow...I'm already halfway through and, well, WOW!


I do know that it is a romance...I sorta peeked at the end. Anyone read this one?

...Fiona...

4 touched me

Blogger Bob & Muffintop pondered...

Holy Cow! What a gorgeous place! I could spend hours & thousands in there. Easily. You lucky girl you.

About the walking/detox issue from a few days ago- yes, I'm walking beside the road in a neighborhood with sidewalks. Mostly becasue the Husband doesn't want me walking in the local national park due to lack of cell reception & police patrols. Safety first he says.

Other than breathing in the fumes, I've discovered just exactly how scary teenage drivers really are. The area I walk in is close to one of the local high schools. Need I say more?

5/29/2006 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Teenage drivers? Ack!

Several weeks ago I was sitting at a stop light in town and noticed a commotion to my right. I turn my head and there are two former students wildly waving at me from the front seats of a car. "You're driving?" I yelled. God, it was a very scary moment.

...Fi

5/29/2006 06:37:00 PM  
Blogger Megan Frampton pondered...

I have a pb book cover I bought while in Massachusetts (apropos of nothing, that detail. Apparently I'm chatty).

I love it, and I wanted more, and thanks!

5/30/2006 06:26:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Happy to have been of service Megan!

Fi

5/30/2006 09:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.