A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

My favorite word...

For those of you who haven't seen this...watch it. What a hoot!
The History of Fuck

Summer school has started! Woo-Hoo! I had all of three little boys today and we had a blast! If only it hadn't rained and ruined recess...

Valeen and Jennifer over at Turn Another Page are talking about the classics, which has created a monster in my UBS alter ego. In the last two days, we've bought:

Velvet Song by Jude Deveraux
The Fall of Shane MacKade by Nora Roberts (sorry, I thought they were McGregor, but alas, no)
The Pride of Jared MacKade by Nora Roberts
The Spring of the Tiger by Victoria Holt
And
Shanna by Kathleen Woodiwiss

Apparently I'm going in to two extremes...Erotica and 1970 bodice-rippers...yikes!

I have also bought Wicked, Holy Blood Holy Grail and Sam's Letters for Jennifer.

Along with Shiloh Walker's Fate series and Sahara Kelly's Tales of the Beau Monde series.

I am apparently having some reading issues.

I am also not finishing anything! I'm reading a chapter here and a chapter there, books in the car and the bathroom and the bedroom and the classroom and my bag.

HELP! I CAN'T STOP!

...Fiona...

7 touched me

Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

Okay - first of all, in that little "fuck fest" I loved when the narrator said the f word can be used to describe love and it shows a little voodoo doll stuck with pins. LMAO!!

I've read Shanna by Woodiwiss. I'm not that big a fan of hers - I'd like to know what you think if you can read more than a chapter of it. LOL

And Wicked - is that the one about the Wicked Witch from Wizard of Oz? Cuz I picked that up at the thrift store not too long ago.

And I got Holy Blood Holy Grail, but because it was an "express bestseller" I could only check it out for a week so I didn't even get a chance to read it before it was due back - it's pretty thick. Did you get the illustrated edition?

6/01/2006 08:57:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

AMes...

I'll take Shanna with me today and see how far I get. I started Velvet Song last night by Deveraux, but started reading about 2/3 of the way through (too much conflict in that book for me) and it was so old school I was laughing my butt off!

Yes, Wicked is the untold story of the Wicked Witch of the West and based on that kicking play.

HBHG is one of those books you buy and read when you are feeling extra "smart". It has very few illustartions (2 maps so far) and 12 pages of pics near the back. I'm reading it in short 15 page bursts in an effort to retain not only the info, but my sanity. French words just do a number on me. I have such a hard time going past them until I figure out how to pronounce them!

...Fiona

6/02/2006 05:56:00 AM  
Blogger Tara Marie pondered...

Isn't the kicking play based on the book?

Shanna used to warrant a reread at least once a year, but haven'r read it in a few years now. For years it was my all time favorite book.

My UBS sells a lot of EC new, but doesn't get to much back for trade.

6/02/2006 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Yes Tara, the play is based on the book...Ooops, I was still asleep when I wrote that.

Yeah, my EC purchases were on-line, not at the UBS...sorry for the confusion. The UBS I go to doesn't sell any erotica/romantica unless they are hiding them behind the counter and I have to ask!

Fi

6/02/2006 05:00:00 PM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

I was cracking up at the "fuck fest", too. That's hillarious.

I haven't read Shanna. I've heard mixed reviews on it and so I never picked it up. Though I have read several of her others and thought they were ok, if a big drawn out.

I read Wicked and thought it was a truly inspired book. Not at all what I was expecting.

6/02/2006 06:20:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Yes, my husband, knowing my predilection for the word, sent me the link.

I still haven't gotten to Shanna like I told Ames I would (yikes!) just too much laundry to do! Hopefully I will get started today. I don't think I have EVER read a Woodiwiss. I'm not a big fan of long histories or drawn out description and the length (thickness) of her books have always made me wary.

Thanks for the info on Wicked...now I really want to read it!

...Fi

6/04/2006 07:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Computer Repairs New Bedford pondered...

Thanks for writing this.

12/18/2022 06:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.