A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

666...

Have no fear, the "Day of Doom" is not today. It was yesterday and we all survived! Yeah!

So I was at school this morning and...what? You don't know why yesterday was the real day of doom? Ooohhh, let me catch you up my friend:

*The number of days between 9/11 and June 5, 2006 is 1,728; 1+7+2+8 = 18 or 3x6 or the hidden 666.

*The number of days between the London bombings on 7/7/2005 and June 5, 2006 is 333 days.

*The number of days between the foiled Sears attack and June 5, 2006 is 777 days.

*Hence, June 5th is the day, not June 6th!

In other news...

"I'm sorry officer. I didn't mean to cut off that van carrying three small children or flip off that guy in the yellow hat or send that little old lady into the ditch and cuss out the nun in the Parrish bus. I can't help myself, I have IED."

Intermittent Explosive Disorder Hahahahahahahahaha

And do you want to know what the doctor being interviewed on CNN said the solution to IED was? Lithium. Yep, when did our generation go into the prescription toilet? Acting like an asshole behind the wheel of a car does not constitute mind altering narcotics. It calls for a good kick in the ass (and revoking of the good ole license).

What's next? Blaming that uncalled for e-mail on IED?

"I'm sorry boss, I didn't mean to send that e-mail calling you an incompetent asshat that eats his own poo. I have IED and am covered under the People with Disabilities Act."

Shit.

...Fiona...

4 touched me

Blogger Lbrychic pondered...

speaking of 6-6-06, its my bday so it can't be that bad lol

6/06/2006 11:12:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Happy Birthdayday Beth!

No, we all survived. The great apocalypse didn't occur...oh wait, maybe I should turn on the tv first!

...Fi

6/07/2006 05:38:00 AM  
Blogger Suisan pondered...

Regarding IED--when we were trying to figure out if my son had a treatable diagnosis, we went for a psychiatric workup.

"Dr., we are concerned that my seven year old son may have Early Onset Bipolar Disorder."

"What symptoms do you see?"

"The most telling is that when he gets angry, he tips into rage very quickly, and he stays angry for hours. He'll even rage for an hour or more. He seems to be in control of some aspects of his rages in that he's never hurt himself and has stopped himslef form hurting others. He uses his anger often as a manipulation, which concerns us. He's very slow to adapt to change. But if he's given a very ordered environment, he seems to be able to cope with no rages. But it's becomeing difficult to order his environment to this level as he gets older."

The psychiatrist decided he did not fit enough criteria for Bipolar, but he did diagnose him with IED.

Well, duh. We knew he gets explosive--that's WHY we came to see you. Now, how much do we owe you?

6/07/2006 11:27:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Did you treat the IED Suisan?

My problem is not with the disorder, I know it exists and can be very difficult to live with, my issue is wanting to pass out level 5 narcotics to people because they are jacked up on Starbucks and acting irresponsible with their vehicles.

...Fi

6/07/2006 09:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.