A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

You didn't forget...or did you?

The Second Epilogues by Julia Quinn officially went on sale today!

Buy the Second Epis for $1.59 from Perfectbound.com

It's In His Kiss Epilogue II

Review:
This epilogue picks up twenty-two years into Hyacinth and Gareth's marriage. Hyacinth is still looking for the jewels (which we know Isabella found at the end of the novel).

Hyacinth has officially received the mother's curse...that she will have a daughter just like her, and oh does she ever. I find it really comical that Hyacinth wishes her daughter to attend the London season and find a husband. Hyacinth never did tell Isabella about the jewels and Isabella never told her mother.

Hyacinth and Gareth are still very much in love and the mother/daughter relationship is entertaining. I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to see more of George, their son, but he was finishing up at Cambridge.

All in all, I was looking for a little more. The story was...blah in Quinn standards.

Grade: C

The Viscount Who Loved Me Epilogue II

Review:

In an effort to enhance your reading experience, listen to Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony before beginning this Epi. You will be oh so glad that you did! ;-)

Match #15

For the last fifteen years Anthony, Kate, Colin, Simon, Daphne and Edwina return for their infamous pall mall match. This Epi opens with Kate and Anthony vying days before the match for the key piece to the game…

The Mallet of Death

I was much happier with this Epi than I was the other. By page three I was already giggling at Kate and Anthony’s antics. And then again on page six. By page seven I am howling, howlllliiiiiiiiiing with laughter. I really enjoyed the dialogue of the story, it definitely had the same feel as the books and the guest appearances by the other siblings were fun.

All in all, a great “day” with the Bridgertons.

Grade: A

...Fiona...

4 touched me

Blogger Valeen pondered...

Thanks for the reviews! I wasn't going to buy these but I may try to find the second one here.

6/07/2006 08:15:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

I thought the banter between Kate and Anthony felt very realistic.

Tell me what you think if you read it Valeen!

...Fiona

6/07/2006 09:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous pondered...

I gave the VWLM, 2 Ep a C because of the stylistic writing and repetitive phrases. I don't remember those from Quinn's earlier work.

6/08/2006 09:03:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

I just finished VWLM recently, so I still very much had the characters voices in my head...I wonder if that helped with me liking it. Plus, I had had a hard day and was ready for a laugh.

Also Jane, I wasn't upset with the existence of the epis or their cost, so I was probably less critical.

...Fiona

6/08/2006 03:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.