A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Friday, June 16, 2006

A little luck and a little quest...


Wish me luck!

I'm off to take my test in O-town. Will take an hour and a half to get there (an hour early) and three hours to take the test and then drive back home. I have on my four leaf clover and called Grammy. I'm all set.

Car with gas-check
Authorization Sheet-check
ID-check
Brain-damn, knew I forgot to plug something in last night!

Quest:
I am looking for a regency that has a bi-racial couple. Black and white preferrably. And it would be even better if the hero was black, then I could pretend he was Tyson Beckford...oh, la, la.

Anyone read one? Does it exist? Plausible?

Ta-ta,

...Fiona...

11 touched me

Blogger Megan Frampton pondered...

Amanda McCabe has a mixed heroine in a Christmas novella in one of those Signet Regency Christmas thingamabobs.

I think (haven't read them) Meredith Bond has an Indian hero? Not sure.

6/16/2006 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

GOOD LUCK!

I have to think on the book request thing. I know I've read contemps like that, but I can't remember about a historical. And Tyson Beckford is HOT!

6/16/2006 02:26:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Thanks Megan. I have Byron so maybe I can find the McCabe book.

Think, Holly, think!

6/16/2006 05:14:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

I'm back from the test and I kicked that little bad boy's ass!

Woo-Hoo!

Go Team Fiona!

Yeah, it's over, it's over, it's over, it's over!

Well...until November when I get my scores and see if I have to do any retakes.

But it's over, it's over!

:-)

...Fio

6/16/2006 05:15:00 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

I'm glad you did well! I hate tests of any kind.

6/16/2006 06:54:00 PM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

Oh, good! I'm glad you did well! :)

I'm still thinking....IT HURTS. hahaha

6/16/2006 07:01:00 PM  
Blogger Valeen pondered...

Glad you did well!!

You have to wait clear till November for results??? WTF?

6/16/2006 08:51:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Thanks Ames, me too!

Thanks Holly and oh, here...*passing a Tylenol*

Thanks Valeen. I could have to wait until the end of December but most people get their results back in November. My portfolio is divided into four sections and each section is sent to two graders who then have to send it back to headquarters. After that, they compile my portfolio score and my test score and I get an overall grade. So all that takes some time.

...Fi

6/16/2006 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger Kate pondered...

Paula Reed has a mixed race heroine in her second book. Umm. Forgotten what it's called. It's pre-regency, though. My second Kate book has a mixed race heroine too. It's post-regency. Put them together and you get somewhere in the early 1800s I think.

Sheesh, I can't think of any mixed race HEROES though (as in black/white. The native american thing is everywhere). Weird. I love, love, love Hambly's Benjamin January but he's most definitely not Regency, nor is he mixed--which creates a lot of trouble for him.

Congratulations on putting that test hell behind you!!!

6/17/2006 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

LOL Kate! Thanks for the info, will check them out.

...Fi

6/18/2006 06:58:00 AM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

Ok, I still can't remember, but I did find a link for an author that writes interracial romance (both historical and contemps). I haven't tried her or even heard of anyone who has, but the blurbs make the stories sound good.

Shiree McCarver

http://www.shireemccarver.com/BOOKS.html

Suzanne Brockmann has written a couple. There's a secondary romance in Heart Throb with an interracial couple and Gone Too Far in her troubleshooters series features a black heroine. *sigh* That's all I could come up with.

Thanks for the Tylenol, I needed them.

6/20/2006 02:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.