A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Friday, June 23, 2006

The Saturday Post

This week in pictures...

Company:

The house guests have left the building! Is this not the most beautiful image ever???


And look at Scarlett's beautiful penmenship! She even uses the word hospitality in a note to her daughter! Too funny.


Oh, by the way KristieJ...add another tally to the board. My aunt read DoY and fell in L.O.V.E. with Mr. Craven.

This weekend:

I AM GOING TO THE BEACH! I can't believe I live with this outside my window and I have been gone for three weekends in a row!


The only problem is that there is lots of seaweed on the beach. Bummer. Maybe it'll all wash away with high tide tonight!

Buying:

I bought this shirt from Cafe Press and it showed up on Thursday! Woo-hoo! All Linc could do was shake his head...hehe.


It says, "What would Lady Whistledown say?"

School:

We found a Gopher Tortoise on Wednesday walking back to class from lunch. Speedy is now our class pet but only until the end of summer school. I'm going to do a whole thing on the environment, conservation and endangered species and then we will let him go back into the wild. Here's Speedy:

Of course, you know where Speedy is spending his weekend, right? Ssshhhh, Linc doesn't know yet!

And for fun here is my attempt at drawing a hen house...


Watching:

VH1 I love toys

Valeen, Dylan, Holly and Ames...watch this show! Lite Bright, Etch a Scetch, Nintendo, and...the SNOOPY SNOW CONE MACHINE!!!! I loved that thing!!! I know they did four hours of it yesterday but they usually rerun the I love shows to death.

And Linc PROMISED to take me to see The Lake House this weekend. Will it happen? Not sure. I'm afraid of what I will have to do in return! ;-)


So maybe this will become a weekly activity? We'll see.

...Fiona...

9 touched me

Blogger Holly pondered...

When is the I Love Toys show on. Nevermind, don't answer that. I'll get off my lazy butt and go look for myself. :)

I really, really dislike the fact that you have that view from your window. Really alot. I'm pea green with envy!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Oh, and I really like Speedy, too. He's cute!

6/24/2006 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger sybil pondered...

I lived on south padre island for a year. Beach five mins away (walking) bay about seven... and I didn't go 'to the beach' all that much.

hmmm well in less you count sitting in a bar on the beach

6/24/2006 01:32:00 PM  
Blogger Isabel pondered...

I wacthed part of the I love toys. I saw the my little ponies, the care bears, brought back memories.

Enjoy the lake house! Lucky. Joey said "Oh hell no" When i asked if we could go see it. lol.

6/24/2006 01:32:00 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

That turtle is so cute! LOL at Scarlett for using "hospitality." That empty bed is a beautiful sight - because we have house guests every weekend.

I LOVE your new look. Very crisp.

6/24/2006 06:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous pondered...

Well crap ... I don't get VH1. I want to see that show.

I love that view!!

I'm still trying to convince Ryan to go see The Lake House ... we aren't quite there yet.

6/24/2006 10:47:00 PM  
Blogger CindyS pondered...

I'm green with envy over your beach view - I've always wanted to live by water but I'm thinking the sand would be a problem for me. And critters - yetch.

I love having company but love it even more when they have to go home ;)

I want to see the Lake House but I am used to waiting for movies to come out on DVD. Bob will promise to take me to a movie and then time just goes by. If it's a Sci-fi movie then he takes me opening night because I won't stop bugging him. After that, if special effects are not part of the movie then I don't need to see it on the big screen.

Hope Linc took you!!

CindyS

6/25/2006 03:47:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Is it coming on again Holly?

I definitely count that Sybil!

Oh Izzy, My little Ponies! I loved them! I still do the Care Bear Stare to Linc when he's pissy...hehe

Every weekend Ames? There is no way I could do it. I have my SIL and BIL coming in on Friday for a week. I will definitely be crazy after that!

Valeen, you don't get VH1? I don't get BBCAmerica...it makes me very sad.

The sand is an...issue. Most people just learn to live around it. I, personally, can't stand it when sand gets on the bed sheets! Ugh!

6/25/2006 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

Living in the desert, I'm with you on the sand issues. They suck! Try hanging your unmentionalbles on the clothesline and having them filled with sand aftewards..yeah, chaffing sucks!

I didn't see it listed. I'll keep checking, though.

6/26/2006 04:58:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Too bad Holly. I'm sure they'll play it again though!

6/27/2006 06:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.