A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Thursday 13-Fucking with Changeling Press

The Thirteen Worst Covers from Changeling Press

13. Blunder Woman by Dakota Cassidy
What the hell? Is her head up his ass? And what's up with those hands?

12. Mate Fever by Kyla Logan
Um...the guy's face?

11. Death Unsung by Michelle Bardsley
Help! My foot pump is out of control and my man titties are about to explode!

10.Loveland 2: Between the Covers by Kira Stone
Okay Babe, I'm going to throw you in the air and then pirouette three times

9. The Witching Hour by Marteeka Karland
Hahahaahhaahaa. The hair. Hahahaahahahaahaha.

8. Paranormal Mates Society 3: Long Tall Furry by Rachel Bo
Say my name bitch. SAY MY NAME.

7. Hot Toddy #10 Obsidion: Star of the East by Ann Jacobs
That poor cookie! Quick! Save the cookie!

6. Wolf Mates: Ruff & Ready by Dakota Cassidy
No, my titties are bigger. NO! My titties are bigger!

5. Deadly Sins: Sloth by Eve Vaughn
Maybe I should wax it. But then again...

4. Deadly Sins: Anger by Lexxie Couper
No comment needed, just go look.

3. Hot Toddy #4 Guardians: Season of Sacrifice by Rachel Bo
What the hell? Little man in a big stocking? Holding champagne? Wait...gagging...hold on...

2. Blood and Soul 2: Vampire Crusader by Kate Hill
Gross. Gross. Gross.

1. Straight Man and Coffee Guy by Willa Okati
Super Gay and his handy, dandy sidekick, Boy.

...Fiona...

12 touched me

Blogger Isabel pondered...

ummm, can I say yuck?

6/22/2006 10:57:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole pondered...

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6/22/2006 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger sybil pondered...

what creative use of your 13

that say my name guy is too much

6/23/2006 01:40:00 AM  
Blogger CindyS pondered...

Blunder Woman? What, she keeps falling into men's asses? That one is definitely the best.

The guy covering himself with his tiny hand - ugh.

Well, that was my first visit to Changling Press and well...now, I'm blind - thanks.

I couldn't get Super Gay and his boy to come up. I wonder if with all the traffic you sent their way they sold out ;)

CindyS

6/23/2006 04:34:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Definitely yuck Isa!

Glad you enjoyed Nicole!

I thought so Sybil. And SAY MY NAME guy is my favorite.

I don't know what's up with Super Gay Cindy. The link is right. Vampire Crusader was doing that last night. Random rolling blackouts maybe?

And I just gave you guys the top 13. I'm blind from having to look at ALL of them! Gah!

...Fi

6/23/2006 06:43:00 AM  
Blogger Kristie (J) pondered...

Looking at those it makes one wonder why the recent blow-up at Karen's when it's so obvious that so many of the covers are as bad as bad can be.

And may I just say - the hips and thighs on Blunder Woman. Good grief they are almost as big as mine.

6/23/2006 08:29:00 AM  
Blogger Devon pondered...

I've been trying to keep and open mind about changeling press, to not "judge a book by its cover", but some of these make me want to throw up in my mouth a bit. I'm sorry. "Sloth" is just gross, and the really squat white haired guy made me gag. Unfortunately, the blurbs are less than compelling also. I only
wanted to read or two of the excerpts.

6/23/2006 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

Is that Death Unsung one a man or a woman? I couldn't tell...

Paranormal Mates...uh, that guy looks like Fabio in his old age..SCURRY!

See, I'm not the type of person to judge a book by it's cover, but there's no way in H E Double Hockey Sticks that I'd buy a book with a computer generated man with a gingerbread man covering up his good parts. That's just sick and twisted. *shudder*

6/23/2006 01:16:00 PM  
Blogger Tara Marie pondered...

Good lord, can they be any worse?

6/23/2006 03:33:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy pondered...

I need pyschoanalysis after seeing #8. Thanks for burning out my retinas Fiona....

6/23/2006 04:58:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

I thought the same thing Kristie. When I followed Karen's link I thought, "Oh my God! Those are horrible!" How could you even begin to defend that crap? LOL

Devon, I too read the excerpts and stopped after about three. Why bother?

Holly, I think it may be a he-she. After all, you should keep an open mind...these are PARANORMALS! Duh!

Not really Tara, not really.

Always happy to help Wendy! ;-)

Over and out,

Fiona

6/24/2006 09:24:00 AM  
Blogger Suisan pondered...

Screaming with laughter!!!

What a great post!

6/24/2006 06:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.