A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Clutching My Quinn To My Chest.

It's here! It's here! And I have a copy! *waving book in the air*

I picked up On The Way To The Wedding today at Books A Million. I was concerned when I first arrived because there were no balloons, banners or clowns announcing/celebrating this day. I stood brave in the face of fear and went into the book store ready to casually walk up to the front paperback display but...gasp, shock, awe...there was none!

No center display, no side table display, not even a new release shelf!

THE HORROR!

As I walked back to the romance section to *shudder* check the shelf, I ran into a 5 for 4 romance display. Oh, you savvy, savvy BAM advertisers. How slick you think you are placing that eye-appealing and mouth-watering display one arms length from the aisle that shelves the Q books. You caught me and... I heard you snicker with glee when I picked up the Holt that you knew I would never put down.

I must sadly say that I had four books in my arm before I realized that it was not a summer clearance and I was not getting five books for $4 but rather five books for the price of four books. Oh-ho! The sneaky cleverness goes to the next level! But who could put back four wonderfully feeling, new smelling books? So alas, I picked up:

The Secret by Julie Garwood (Ya know, The Bride is the next pick from TAP)

More Than Seduction by Cheryl Holt

To Wed A Scandalous Spy by Celeste Bradley

Too Hot To Handle by Cheryl Holt (Sybil book, right?)

A Tale Of Two Vikings by Sandra Hill (Sinful pleasure book...looks like it will be true trash)

And as the nice little old lady behind the counter scanned my (I KNOW it's going to expire but I'm saving the 5% discount for a BIG purchase so SHUT UP!) BAM card and rang up my 6 new books including On The Way To The Wedding, I commited an RFG act.

I complained about the shelving of the Quinn.

Seriously?

Okay...*throat clearing*

Hello, my name is Fiona and I am a rabid fangirl...

HAHAHHAAAAHAAHAHAHAA

No sleep for the reading!

...Fi

14 touched me

Blogger Isabel pondered...

LUCKY! I'm waiting for mine still. :)

By the way, I am a spoiler hoe, so feel free to spoil. :)

6/27/2006 11:30:00 PM  
Blogger sybil pondered...

hmmm I didn't really care much for either of those holts... I did like To Wed a Scandalous Spy but it isn't my fave in either of her series. The Secret I have but haven't read and don't read Hill.

I did see the Quinn at walmart *g*

6/28/2006 03:13:00 AM  
Blogger CindyS pondered...

Ohhh, have you read Garwood before? I can't wait for your thoughts on that one.

I may wait for your feeling about the latest Quinn before purchasing but I have a $5 coupon that expires Friday buring a hole in my purse. Must get to bookstore pronto!!

I can't believe you complained about the shelving of Quinn. Bad Fan Girl! Hey, if the bookstore has the book I want in stock I consider myself lucky and move on. I used to go with a list of 15 books and come out with nothing. Pissed me off to no end!

CindyS

6/28/2006 04:21:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

I will do Izzy! I can tell you that chapter one is good! LOL

I"m never good at buying without recs Sybil. I always tend to pick out the only crap books and buy. But work is over in three weeks and I will need some true throw aways to turn my mind to mush!

Yes Cindy, I've read Garwood, and liked her in the past, but I can't rememeber this one.

And I wasn't going to mention the shelving but the checkout lady brought it up! She said, "a bunch of people have come in and bought that book today, hmmmm." And I replied, "Well, she's a great author and it was released today. In fact, she's so popular I was sure that you would have had a front display or something but no *sigh* you just left her stuck back there on the shelf." At this point she looked to see if I was serious, decided to laugh off this crazy woman and chuckled as she finished ringing up my order.

;-)

Fi

6/28/2006 05:48:00 AM  
Blogger Valeen pondered...

I have only read one HOLT and didn't enjoy it in the least. I'm really leery about picking up another. Let me know how these ones go. :)

I haven't found the JQ yet, I may stop at Walmart tomorrow and check them out.

6/28/2006 09:19:00 AM  
Blogger Grace pondered...

Ooh Fi, I'm verra anxious to her your thoughts on JQ's latest!! I'm not a spoiler hoe like Izzy *snicker but, I'm still keen to hear the end verdict. :o)

And I'm keen to hear your thoughts on The Secret also. It's one of my favs from JG. I love Iain Maitland!

6/28/2006 10:08:00 AM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

I need spoilers, too. It's important. LOL

The JG is good, but I haven't read the others. I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on them.

6/28/2006 02:59:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

I don't know when I will get to the Holt, but I'll let you know Valeen. Did you find the JQ today?

Okay, so I didn't get much reading done today because I had parent/teacher day at school, a class full of kiddies and then I got a loan for a new car, ate Chinese, car shopped and then found some fabulous shoes at Macys...major sale ladies! 50% of the already 50% off clearance! Two days only!

Anyway, chapter three I am on and LOVING IT! It's very sneaky...I'll explain later Grace & Holly!

...Fi

6/28/2006 09:26:00 PM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

Punk..What do you mean, sneaky? You better email me. LOL

Oh, and I love your comment thingo...Touched you. *snicker*

6/28/2006 09:38:00 PM  
Blogger Kristie (J) pondered...

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in the world who's not reading Quinn. She lost out in my *four books in a series and that's it* rule - her and Sherrilyn Kenyon.

6/28/2006 10:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous pondered...

If it makes you feel any better, Kristie, I am not buying it :).

6/29/2006 01:16:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

*hand to forehead* Uh, the horror!

LOL

Don't feel bad Kristie...I've never read JR Ward and don't plan to. Everyone has their niche.

and Sybil hasn't read it yet either.

Hey Jane! So why are you not reading the Quinn? ;-) hehe

...Fi

6/29/2006 05:58:00 AM  
Blogger sybil pondered...

I have never read Quinn but will some day.

Of course I have read all three JR Ward books :)

6/30/2006 02:30:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

What if Quinn wrote westerns? Now that would be interesting stuff! But would Avon allow that?

...Fi

6/30/2006 10:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.