A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Mission: Bad Weather

The launch of Space Shuttle Discovery (STS-121) was scrubbed again today due to bad weather.


From NASA's site:

Launch Scrubbed - Discovery Delayed Again The launch of Space Shuttle Discovery has been postponed for an additional 48 hours due to inclement weather at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Our next attempt will take place on Tuesday, July 4, with liftoff scheduled to occur at 2:38 p.m., EDT.

A launch on the 4th of July would be a nice coincidence, which was all that could be talked about at the Scrubbed Press Conference at 3 pm this afternoon.

And because I can't let Nicole have all the fun with the cool cloud pictures, here is why the shuttle couldn't lift off (I'm 45 minutes from The Cape by car...15 miles by water):






Of course, these pics don't do this storm any justice. And Linc got an awesome picture of lightning hitting the ground, but *hangs head* I accidently deleted it.

...Fiona...

8 touched me

Blogger Holly pondered...

And because I can't let Nicole have all the fun with the cool cloud pictures, here is why the shuttle couldn't lift off (I'm 45 minutes from the cape by car...15 miles by water):

What did I miss?

7/02/2006 04:22:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Um..I don't know. Did I hit publish instead of save before I had the pics uploaded? They're here now.

...Fi

7/02/2006 04:28:00 PM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

I see 'em now. Sorry bout that. :(

Those are amazing pics! I want to live there!!!

7/02/2006 04:35:00 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

That's too bad. I was watching the news too today, to see what was going on. But then I left before I heard anything.

Cool pics though!

7/02/2006 06:23:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole pondered...

Did you delete it from the camera or from the computer? It might still be in your trash bin if just from the computer.

7/02/2006 09:00:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole pondered...

And cool pics!!!! I love cloud pictures.

7/02/2006 09:01:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

I deleted it from the camera Nicole. :-(

Hopefully they will launch the shuttle on Tuesday and I can post you pics of that but it is surprising how small it looks, even with how close we are.

...Fiona...

7/02/2006 11:08:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Update from NASA:

Shuttle Team Working Foam Issue

Shuttle managers are moving forward with the countdown for a July 4 launch, as engineers continue to investigate a piece of foam that came off the external fuel tank. The foam -- from a bracket that holds the liquid oxygen feedline in place -- was not big enough to have damaged the shuttle had it come off during flight.

The situation needs additional analysis, and the mission management team will meet again at 6:30 p.m. EDT.

...Fiona...

7/03/2006 02:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.