A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Livin' On A Prayer

There we were, having a nice afternoon drive, talking about anything and everything when I suddenly gasped! As the faint strains of the song began my eyes took on an evil gleam as I turned and looked at Linc. This song epitomizes my 80s childhood. I wiggled my eyebrows up and down then immediately started to sing with my hand balled up like a fake microphone. Linc was horrified that I was going to crash the car but soon was laughing so hard he was crying when I began to belt out the melody.

Play this and tell me you don't sing along too!



LOL

Oh god, the hair! I'm loving the hair!

Enjoy!

...Fiona...

7 touched me

Blogger Suisan pondered...

Oh help.

I worked for a circus in 1989 that had an airealist who used this as his "theme song." Just the opening "whoa-ah-whoa-ah-whoa-ah" line spins right right back to him swooping and gliding over the ring, all decked out in a white spangled jumpsuit and Jon Bon Jovi hair.

The circus band, because they were artists, damn it, hated him for making them play this every day, twice a day. Ha ha!

Oh, workplace rivalries. They are fun, aren't they?

7/07/2006 03:49:00 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

LOL Fiona. I love Bon Jovi. hehehe

The 80s was the best time to grow up in!

7/07/2006 06:56:00 PM  
Blogger Holly pondered...

I loved the 80's! Big hair, bad clothes and great music. *sigh*

Before I even read your post, when I just saw the title, I was already singing this song in my head. LOLOL

7/08/2006 01:53:00 AM  
Blogger CindyS pondered...

Uh, I grew up in the 80's and I'd like to put it on the record that it sucked wind ;) I envied bands like BonJovi because they all had better hair than me the bastards!

Also, this song was the one that broke me out of my depression over my first break up. We started dating when I was 15 and he broke up with my when I was 17 (Thank God, but back then it hurt like hell)

So we're in Florida on vacationing with our family's best friends and Livin' on A Prayer is on Carolyns cassette player. I ran out of the room with Carolyn hot on my heals and we danced in the parking lot for hours to Bon Jovi and yes, we even got on top of them.

Moral of the story, if you were at some hotel in March 1987 and there were footprints on your bumper uh, sorry but your car helped to make a great memory ;)

CindyS

7/08/2006 03:53:00 AM  
Blogger CindyS pondered...

Uh, the cars, we danced on the cars because it sounds like we got on Bon Jovi and well, it would have been nice, but no. And it was around midnight sooooo.

CindyS (done making a mess)

7/08/2006 03:55:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

My best friend at the time, Amanda, and I would lock ourselves away in my bedroom and record our own singing version of these songs. This one and Kokomo were our favorites. When I was packing all my stuff after I got married to Lincoln I found some of the tapes and played them. They were AWFUL! LOL

I loved your story about the parking lot Cindy!

...Fiona

7/08/2006 07:55:00 AM  
Blogger Suisan pondered...

I can admit to liking A-Ha, Echo and the Bunnymen, and some other odd eighties stuff--just never wuite got into Bon Jovi.

It seemed too "Heavy Metal" for me. Yeah, I'm a wimp. I am.

7/08/2006 07:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.