A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Poof the Magic Dragon...

Our conversation went something like this:

Linc: I thought you put that review on Amazon.
Me: What review?
Linc: The one about that book you hated.
Me: I did...why?
Linc: It's not there.
Me: What do you mean it's not there? It's there.
Linc: Nope. Not there.
Me: What? Let me see.

Well damn, what do you know. My amazon review of Highland Fling is...poof! Gone.

And 8 out of 13 people had said it was helpful...

Fiona

11 touched me

Blogger Devon pondered...

It was there last night. Interesting...

7/22/2006 09:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous pondered...

I can not imagine it getting deleted - only Amazon would be able to do that correct?

I didn't check Amazon out last night. But that sucks!

7/22/2006 09:46:00 PM  
Blogger Kristie (J) pondered...

Fascinating. I wonder if it will show up again? We shall have to stayed tuned for further updates.

7/22/2006 09:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous pondered...

Unbelievable. There is a reason why Amazon should lack credibility with readers and this is exhibit A. Let's hope it is an error and not because the dixieland mafia had it removed.

7/22/2006 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger CindyS pondered...

Holy Crap - I really saved myself let me tell you. I was just at Amazon so it's 4AM Central time and your review isn't there. Well there are these glowing reviews BUT there is a button that says 'report this' and I almost pushed it for all the 5 star reviews.

I stopped myself because I don't think I'm that kind of person but I just know someone did that to your review. So I'm pissy.

Good news - Cindy didn't do anything too stupid today. We'll have to see what tomorrow brings ;)

CindyS

7/23/2006 03:49:00 AM  
Blogger Tara Marie pondered...

The only time I read Amazon reviews is when something's going on, I saw yours the other day.

I can't believe they'd pull it, very strange, I wonder if it will show up again.

7/23/2006 09:57:00 AM  
Blogger Isabel pondered...

Maybe it was a fluke???

7/23/2006 11:11:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

LOL Izzy...anything's possible!

7/24/2006 12:47:00 AM  
Blogger Kate pondered...

Turns out it's actually pretty easy to get reviews erased. Only a couple of people have to hit the "abuse" button. Or maybe only one? I just know a lot of reviews go *poof*.

I blame the lawyers.

7/24/2006 09:23:00 AM  
Blogger Suisan pondered...

well, it's back up now--I guess the investigation went in your favor.

7/24/2006 02:34:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

LOL...yes, thanks for the heads up Suisan. Amazon also e-mailed me back, see above.

*sigh* All is right in the world once again.

Fi

7/24/2006 04:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.