A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Name that movie...

For a prize, take a guess in the comments. Name the movie and character. Double prize if you can tell me the situation for which the quote arose.

"Roy was hunting stagehands when the Comanches came. I grabbed the baby and a pistol and I hid in the root cellar out back. And the Indians tore up our sod house and I was real quiet but then the baby started crying and I tried to shush him and suckle him but he just wouldn’t stop. One Comanche, I remember, he acted real drunk and he wore my green apron. He must have heard something because he started hollering and coming closer. So I put my hand, gentle like, over my baby’s mouth, “Don’t cry, Daddy’ll be home soon.” The Indians found us but they just laughed, they were drunk. They didn’t want to hurt anybody…just rode away. At sundown Roy came home but I was too afraid to come out of the cellar. I was afraid what he’d do when he saw I smothered our son."

Good Luck!
...Fiona...

14 touched me

Anonymous Anonymous pondered...

ohhhh ... I don't know that one.

I know the one where it was the sister who smothered the baby in the same situation. But not this one. :(

LOL - waiting for someone to guess!

7/23/2006 05:49:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Let me know if you need a clue.

7/23/2006 05:49:00 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

I have no idea. At first I thought Natalie Portman in Cold Mountain, but then she didn't kill her baby, and she was hiding from soldiers, not Comanches.

I would like a hint.

7/23/2006 07:33:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Movie was released in 1990.

7/23/2006 07:53:00 PM  
Blogger Samantha pondered...

Uhhh... Dances with Wolves?

7/23/2006 09:57:00 PM  
Blogger Samantha pondered...

Wait, never mind. Dances with Wolves only has the one chick in the movie if I remember. And I'm postitive she doesn't make that speech. :P

Wasn't there a western with the mustache guy from Smokey and the Bandit?

7/23/2006 10:03:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Nope (or rather, correct), not Dances with Wolves.

Burt Reynolds. Not sure he did a western.

7/23/2006 10:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous pondered...

Was it a remake? It sounds real familiar. I keep seeing an indian wearing a dress.

By the way, I'm new here. Hello!

7/23/2006 10:28:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Not a remake.

Welcome to the Farrago Desertwillow! I know your name from Sybil's...are you an author? Or blogger?

Fi

7/23/2006 10:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous pondered...

quigly down under, tom selleck, and i can't remember who played the girl. i don't remember the exact situation, but i remember they'd rescued this little aborigine baby, and at some point her and the baby had to hide while he went and took care of business and the baby started bawlin' and she was going to cover his mouth cause the bad guys were nearby, but then remembered this situation and was yelling "you cry, little whatever they named the baby, you cry loud!" and that was probably way more than was needed, but i know i'm right. *g* so what's my prize?

7/23/2006 11:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous pondered...

oy for crap. maybe it would help if you had my contact info. Grrrly at gmail dot com. :)

7/23/2006 11:39:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

It's still anybody's game. I need the correct name of the movie and the character who said it.

7/23/2006 11:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous pondered...

oh, crazy cora was the name of the character, and i believe i've already given you the movie. :)

7/24/2006 12:20:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

LOL Congrats Grrrly! You win a batch of fresh Florida saltwater taffy. Email me your snail mail addy and I'll get it out to you! And I'm giving you credit for the situation...your prize addendum will be enclosed!

Fiona

7/24/2006 12:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.