A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Friday, May 12, 2006

Strange food habits...

I, apparently, do strange things with my food.

I eat sour cream on my steak.

I must drink milk with fried chicken and spaghetti.

Speaking of spaghetti, I eat it for breakfast.

And oddly enough, my mother started all of those odd behaviors in me.

Speaking of mothers, I am going to see mine tomorrow.

I have always loved my mom but I only started to like her again in the last three years. How cool, I'm friends with my mom. Everytime something important happens and I reach for the phone to call her, it still makes me pause and boggles my mind..."I'm calling my mother! Because I want to!"

I remember I turned thirteen and she was embarrassing, then she was annoying, which turned into stupidity which grew into abhorrence. With age it matured into avoidance and then finally tolerance. And now I trip myself up everytime I think of her as friend and confidant. When did that happen? Awesome.

And life comes full circle. I am four again and my best bud is my mom.

...Fiona...

3 touched me

Blogger Tara Marie pondered...

Cold lasagna for breakfast is better than spaghetti, as is cold pizza. Milk goes with spaghetti sauce.

Isn't it amazing how much smarter Moms get as we get older isn't it--LOL.

5/13/2006 06:40:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Thanks for confirming that milk goes with spaghetti sauce Tara.

I'm off to tell Linc that I'm no longer a freak!

...Fi

5/13/2006 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger Suisan pondered...

In my house, my kids ASK for chicken noodle soup for breakfast. They hate oatmeal (which I love), but when it's cold in the morning, it's "soup for you!"

5/14/2006 01:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.