A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Books! and other items in the hodgepodge...

I stayed home today. For an anal-retentive perfectionista like myself, that means things are bad, real bad. I spend as much time in my classroom as I do at home most days, therefore, someone coming into my room and running the show is like someone coming in and taking over my house. I have loosened up a bit in the last few years. For example, I stopped taping the cabinet doors shut and I actually leave the pencil cup on my desk now. But yesterday I really, really thought that I would be able to make it in today. A tiny part of me thought that Z-pack was actually working. But alas, my body has failed me.

As I dropped to my knees in a chest-piercing frenzy of coughs this morning Linc shook his finger at me and said, "You are staying home missy, and that is final." Missy? Did he really just call me missy? So I bowed to the power that is the assertive husband and called in sick.

I got a sub! Woo-Hoo! And I haven't heard anything bad about her, which is good. And I e-mailed my plans for today to my teaching buddy so today won't be a waste for the kids (to their regret, I'm sure). So, here I sit, unable to sleep for the wheezing but the mind is clicking away so you are blessed with a looooong post! Enjoy!

Welcome to the blog roll...

Renee

Damned Scribbling Women

AS IF

Jill Shalvis

Books I have bought:
Brighter Than The Sun by Julia Quinn
Everything And The Moon by Julia Quinn
How To Marry A Marquis by Julia Quinn
The Truth About Love by Stephanie Laurens

Okay, so obviously I have a bit of a Quinn problem. But I don't plan to read them all at once, going to space it out since I have her entire backlist to read.

The Laurens book, bought strictly because of the cover. I was waiting in CVS, gazing at the book display, and loved that little red slipper so much I just bought the book!

What I'm going to read today:
Choices, choices...I think I'm in the mood for something different. I'm thinking about...
The Highlander's Touch by Karen Marie Moning. I'm not a huge fan of time-travel, but this one sounds really good. Or maybe I will read A Reputable Rake by Diane Gaston. It is at the top of my TBR but I keep reading around it. Or maybe since I'm sick I should read one off the keeper shelf...*sigh*

What I want to buy:
Actually, nothing. I have sooo much to read I can't imagine buying another book. But you know I will! Thanks to Beth, now I want to go pull out my Deveraux books and reread the Velvet series.

Every cloud has a silver lining? I couldn't for the life of me think about one positive thing to being this ill. Until Linc walked into the house with this last night!


Ah, guilt-free ice cream. At least there is one highlight to this week.

And because I have never shown you a picture of my babies...


This is Cuff. He will not come out of the water and sit on the log.

"Say hello to my little friend."

This is Link (different from Linc).

The babies together:


Do you recognize the names from a movie? It was my dad's idea.

...Fiona...

12 touched me

Blogger Megan Frampton pondered...

Oh, I hope you feel better soon.

5/09/2006 01:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous pondered...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5/09/2006 01:44:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

I've been spammed!

Aaahhhhhh!

...Fi

5/09/2006 01:50:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Thanks Megan.

I'm sure lots of people are hoping that I will get better soon so I will shut up about it! LOL!

...Fi

5/09/2006 01:52:00 PM  
Blogger Tara Marie pondered...

Hope you're feeling better.

You've got a pretty good list of books to keep you company.

To avoid spam, turn on you word verification.

Tara

5/09/2006 02:30:00 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

Hey Fiona, hope you're feeling better. I strongly suggest you read the Karen Marie Moning because even though I abhor time travel, these books are excellent! And the heroes are so hot and sexy and yummy...you get the picture.

5/09/2006 03:12:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Thanks Tara...I'll do that.

Ames...I chose the Moning but haven't gotten very far. I've found it has been harder to read than I thought it would be. But so far, so good.

...Fi

5/09/2006 05:25:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Clarification: Harder to read because I don't feel good, not because the book isn't good.

...Fi

5/09/2006 05:38:00 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

LOL

5/09/2006 06:51:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

One more comment and I hit double digits for comments for the first time!

Woo-Hoo

(is it cheating if I'm #10?)

...Fi

5/10/2006 06:08:00 PM  
Blogger Kristie (J) pondered...

Ah! do I get a prize for being the legitimate double digit winner? heh heh. As one who is only recently back on her feet - I hope you get back on yours soon. Isn't it just the pits being sick? And I see you have some of my favourite ice cream there - chocolate chip cookie dough. I'd be so jealous except that it was on sale recently and I bought two of my own :)

5/10/2006 07:08:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

LOL KristieJ...

Your prize is this:
"I officially declare today as all ice cream is calorie free day."

How's that?

PS-It is also fat free if eaten while watching Lost.

...Fi

5/10/2006 07:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.