A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Saturday, May 13, 2006

eBook Buzz

Angie's May TBR challenge has two themes: military or eBook. I've chosen eBook and with respect to Angie I went to Samhain Publishing to find one.

Sidenotes:
*There is currently a sale going on now through Sunday at Samhain in celebration of their new shopping cart!

*I loved the site! Navigation was easy and user friendly. I am usually a critic of sites but liked this one. It "flowed".

*Buying was easy and download was instantaneous. Very nice.

What I want from an eBook:
Full length novel
Historical
Hot sex

What I found:



Sword of Rhoswen by Brenda Williamson

I intentionally have not looked for a review on this book, I want all opinions of it to be my own, so I don't know what to expect.

Here is the description on Samhain's site:

"The Silver Dragon is a myth, so they say. But legends are often born from life.

When Brienna Rhoswen sets out to find the man she has given a blood vow to marry, she never anticipates falling in love with the handsome rogue warrior.

Brogan Torrick has avoided his betrothed for one reason-fear. Rumored she's a Mystic Healer, his prejudice rules his emotions. To garner an ally against an enemy, his father however, binds him into a marriage contract with the sorceress.

Meeting as strangers, Brogan believes he's never seen a more beautiful and deadly messenger. On the journey, they struggle with an attraction they think is forbidden to them until they learn each other's identity. Only their love may not be enough to keep them together and a drop of blood from the Silver Dragon may doom all Kingdoms if their enemy gets hold of the Sword of Rhoswen."

While I was there, I went ahead and picked up Learning Charity by Sumer Devon. It is a short story but a historical...why did I not know that?



I am always interested in historicals, especially eBooks right now. If you know of any good eBooks that include kilts, carriages or waltzes, let me know!

I'm off to the farm so I won't be able to read either of these until I'm back and since the folks only have dial-up you may have to do without my sharp wit and bubbly personality until Sunday evening!

...Fiona...

0 touched me

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.