A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Hump Day! (and I'm home!)

Hello Cyber World, I'm back from the farm and never been happier about it!

I spent 8 glorious days with Scarlett and Jimmy (with a small break in the middle) and you know the one nice thing about going home? It makes me more thankful for having gotten an education and the hell out of Dodge!!! *haha*

My dad just had back surgery so I had to help out a little more than usual. Typical farm stuff...put out hay, patch fence, count cows, feed bulls, blah, blah, blah. Nothing real exciting. Scarlett and I got along really well and we took Grandma to go see Cats in Tampa for New Year's Eve! It.Was.Awesome!


I ended up going down to the 'hunting camp' when we got back to the show and saw a lot of old friends. We ran the dogs, caught a deer and drank a lot of beer! LOL You know the saying, "same shit, different day"? Yes, well...it's true. Give a bunch of guys a wooden shack and too much beer and you get the same thing every time...how dumb can we get? This is the conversation (and scene) I walked in on:

Doug: You go first
Dale: I'm not going first. You're the one that thought of it...you go first!
Doug: But you won't do it if I go first.
Dale: You calling me a liar?
(oh, here we go...)
Doug: No, I'm calling you a pansy ass because you won't do it.
(at this point there is a loud guffaw from the 15+ people egging these two idiots on)
Dale: Fine, put your money down.
(20's are set on the table)
Doug: Ready?
(head nod from Dale)
Doug: On the count of three....1, 2, 3
(and at this point, Dale downs an entire glass of pickled hog's feet juice.)

No, Doug didn't drink it. He wasn't that stupid! Laughing and puking (on Dale's part) ensued.

Ah...home.

Fiona

2 touched me

Blogger Holly pondered...

That's the most disgusting, hilarious thing I've ever heard. Sounds like an average day with my family, much to the amusement of MM. :)

1/02/2008 04:10:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Oh that reminds me! I've got to go catch up on the MM stories!! You guys moved in together? Awesome girlie!

1/02/2008 05:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.