A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

So awful it's funny...

In the words of Jessica Simpson:

"Oh My Gah!"

Could it get any worse? The Harvard Crimson has an update...

See it here.

Apparently Viswanathan has 'allegedly' plagiarized three other authors.

Viswanathan is now refusing to comment.

Dreamworks has 'allegedly' pulled the plug on the movie.

And Viswanathan's 'boys' (Bhayani and Zhou) just won't stop driving the stake.

At least now she has enough for the memoir...maybe that was the plan the whole time?

...Fiona...

2 touched me

Blogger Megan Frampton pondered...

If you can say nothing else about my writing, it is that I wrote every word myself.

So there. Although what will this do to the already dying-on-the-vine chicklit genre?

5/02/2006 04:22:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

So Chick Lit is a wilting flower? I've heard several off-the-cuff remarks but haven't heard anything definitive.

Interesting.

Do I think Vis-whats-her-name is going to hurt the genre? No. First, I barely call her book Chick Lit. It is a fine line between Chick Lit and YA (I also feel this for Gossip Girls).

I think it will give ammunition to those who choose to attack the genre, but the readers will not be influenced.

Of course, that is just lil' bitty 'ole me's opinion.

...Fi

5/02/2006 04:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.