A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Comedy Central and other freakish factoids...

There is just so much swimming around in my head today. I finally got some sleep last night and now my mind and body are rip-roaring ready to go!

1. To alphabetize or not alphabetize...my blogs, that is. I currently put up blogs as I find them. I have been thinking about alphabetizing them for some time. Then I thought I would put them in order of the way I like them (the ones I go to the most at the top for example). And then I thought, what is wrong with the way I have it? And my blog list is a living one. I add and take away constantly. If I put you up based on a rather snarky post, you will come off if you don't dazzle me again. I have little patience in that respect. What to do? What to do?


2. Lewis Black. If you don't know this man, get thee swiftly to his CD...seen here. Of course, I downloaded it on my ipod. Hilarious!


3. Weird names. As a teacher, I have seen many strange names over the years:

The twins named Orangejello (Or-an-jelo) and Lemonjello (Lem-on-jelo)

Female (fim-al-y)

But Lewis Black's track about names...Hilarious!
Abcde (ab-see-day) Ha. HA-HA!

4. Some truthiness.
Interesting article at Balls and Walnuts about Colbert taking over Jon Stewart with the funniness. Of course, Stewart will stay on Tivo simply because #2 appears on his show frequently.

5. I watch South Park. In the beginning, it was because Linc forced me to, but now, I must admit, though quite a few things I must shake my head at, I do luv the points they make! Cartoon Wars...classic. Parker and Stone have earned permanent places in my heart for those two episodes. And now, with A Million Little Fibers (see AMLF Wiki), I am truly a South Park fan. Good stuff I tell ya, good stuff. I like Oprah, I think she should have stood by her man (and her original opinion), but the stint they did of her on South Park, still making me laugh!

"Mingy, they shot me Mingy." Ha! Hahahahahahaha.

...Fiona...

8 touched me

Blogger Nicole pondered...

But but...if you alphabetize, I might not be first anymore!!!!!

lol

5/02/2006 03:33:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

I could always call it:

(A) Blog (that is) Happy

;-)

...Fi

5/02/2006 03:48:00 PM  
Blogger Megan Frampton pondered...

I love Lewis Black, too. And at first I was totally sceptical of Colbert, but now am a fan, even though I don't normally like that kind of persistent satire.

The oddest name I've encountered is Jihad. A kid in my son's kindergarten class. Yours are better, though.

5/02/2006 04:23:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

You know Megan, when Colbert first started I was very defensive that I would NOT like him more than Jon. Now, I find myself using the Tivo to fast forward through most of The Daily Show so I can go on to watch Colbert.

Must suck to be JS right now.

...Fi

5/02/2006 04:43:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5/02/2006 04:43:00 PM  
Blogger Tara Marie pondered...

1. I'm anal, so my blog links are alphabetical.

2. Lewis Black is a riot.

3. My SIL is a teacher she has a Female in her class, pronounced Fe-Molly.

4. Colbert is the best part of TDS.

5. Don't watch South Park.

Tara

5/02/2006 06:31:00 PM  
Blogger fusenumber8 pondered...

I agree. Colbert, aside from being the sexiest beast on television today, has beaten Jon in both balls and humor. He takes down the people he dislikes beautifully. Did you see his performance in Washington D.C. the other night. Priceless!

5/05/2006 10:41:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

Tara,

#1-I decided on a method, but it is not one I mentioned and it is a SECRET! *evil laugh*

#3-I've never heard of another female before...how great! You know, we asked my student about her name and she told us (not ashamed either) that her mother said the hospital named her.

Fuse-

I've watched the clip twice. Great stuff.

...Fi

5/06/2006 04:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.