A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Putting myself out of misery...


After pizza and spagetti with the in-laws, DH and I stopped by the bookstore. I went in to pick up a copy of Angelina Jolie's book, Notes from My Travels which was reviewed on Conversations with Famous Writers

I decided to pick this book up for my classroom after experiencing Angelina's interactive journal at ushmm.org, which is featured in an online exhibition titled Ripples of Genocide, with my students.

While there, I ran across Johanna Lindsey's new release, Marriage Most Scandoulous. I started it on the way home and I am hooked and only on page 21!

I am reading this one because I just couldn't make myself read another minute of That-Book-Which-Will-Not-Be-Mentioned by That-Author-Which-Shall-Not-Be-Named. I'm so proud that I actually put a book down and stopped my suffering rather than forcing myself to read all 350 miserable pages!

...Fiona...

3 touched me

Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

I am so bloody curious - which author shall not be named? Inquiring minds need to know!

Oh yeah, and the title that shall not be mentioned too!

4/26/2006 10:04:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

LOL Ames...

Loretta Chase--Lord Perfect.

I can't figure it out. I just can't seem to read her. Must be the fish I ate Saturday. Everyone loves her and swears by the books, but me, 'meh'.

I'm putting it back on the tbr bookcase and will crack it open again later.

How about you read your copy and then tell me what ya think!

...Fi

4/26/2006 10:14:00 PM  
Blogger ~ames~ pondered...

Sounds good!

I've only read one of her books. Mr.Impossible. I thought it was good, but not as great as many people went on and on about.

4/26/2006 11:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.