A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Dark Protector-ebook

I thought I would "do a Sybil"

Dark Protector
by Alexis Morgan

Category: Romance

Description: Devlin Bane: Born a Paladin, he is a member of an ancient band of warriors locked in a centuries-old war against evil. His destiny: To die over and over again to protect mankind from the Others, only to be revived each time by his mortal Handler. But his fierce strength and courage cannot save him from gradually becoming one of the monsters he was born to destroy.

Dr. Laurel Young, who has spent years training to become a Handler, must remain detached from her patients. But each time she revives the darkly compelling Devlin Bane, he claims a little more of her soul and incites in her desires that grow wilder and wilder--even as he inches closer to losing his humanity. As the war against the Others grows more desperate, Laurel and Devlin can't help but give in to the fierce hunger that's sizzled between them for so long. Now they'll face the ultimate battle together--to save a dark, passionate love that goes against every rule as they join forces to fight an enemy who is closer than they ever imagined....

eBook Publisher: Simon & Schuster/Pocket Books,

eBookwise Release Date: July 2006

Find the author here

and a review here

Anyone read it or other works by the author before?

...Fiona...

7 touched me

Anonymous Anonymous pondered...

I bought it too at Simon & Schuster. I love that 40% off!

7/27/2006 07:25:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole pondered...

I haven't, but it looks like it's up next at Paperback Reader.

7/27/2006 07:51:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

We'll have to compare prices Jane. I ran across this in the ebookwise flyer for $5.09. Does S&S have a better deal?

I didn't know that Nicole...thanks for the heads up!

Fi

7/27/2006 08:53:00 PM  
Blogger sybil pondered...

hee I knew I posted about this book

I really liked her last pat pritchard novel (western). This is her first book under this name.

7/28/2006 02:12:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

LOL Sybil. See, your just too good. I'll always be a step behind.

Fi

7/28/2006 06:09:00 AM  
Blogger CindyS pondered...

Ah, I bought this book on the last book shopping spree. It's in the pile so you go first ;)

CindyS

7/28/2006 06:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous pondered...

Fiona - the prices at S&S beat out any other place on the internet, as far as I can find. All the ebooks are 40% off the list price. I just bought Julie Leto's Dirty little Secrets for $3.59 and I bought the Morgan book a week ago for $3.59. :)

7/31/2006 10:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.