A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Monday, April 10, 2006

In Memoriam...

"Goodbye"

Today is a sad day, well, I don’t really know if today qualifies as the day that sadness should originally be showered upon, but since it is the day that I discovered the need for mourning, we will say today.

Today, as I whipped into my usual little spot at my local, right up the road new/used bookstore, a sight that I had never thought to see faced me, “closed.”

Yes, that is correct, The Book--- (edited for privacy) has said goodbye and closed their doors forever. I didn’t know it was coming and am currently kicking myself for having stayed away so long. It is almost like losing a loved one and not coming home for that ‘last visit’ before it is too late. The loss of The Book--- is the loss of an era. A lifetime of friendships and camaraderie has been left to softly weep their grief away in the dusty corners of a deserted book shop.

We will forever miss you, dear friend.

…Fiona…

3 touched me

Blogger sybil pondered...

That sucks! LOL how sad is it I have the phone number and cell of my favorite book seller at my favorite ubs on my cell phone ;).

God I need a life.

4/10/2006 11:46:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

LOL Sybil! I know what you mean. Our school is so big I don't know some of the 6th grade teacher's names, but I walk into any of the 3 UBS in town and they look up and say, "Oh, hi Fiona."

My DH thinks it is sooooo funny.

...Fi

4/11/2006 07:29:00 AM  
Blogger Kristie (J) pondered...

Don't you just hurt when that happens? Way (way) back (over 10 years now) when I was just starting to get into reading romance books and still hadn't discovered a lot of authors, one of the UBS's near me closed. Before they actually closed, they put all their half price books on sale for half price. We're talking 1/4 the cover price!! Sadly :( I didn't have that large an author list, so I didn't get that many. I try very hard not to think of that today and wonder what gems I might have missed.

4/11/2006 09:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.