A mixture of romance, work and life left to simmer on a weak flame.

"Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."--Unknown.

"I learned long ago that being Lewis Carrol was infinitely more exciting than being Alice."--Joyce Carol Oates

Blogroll Me!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Storms, clouds and all-around crappy weather.

We had a storm last night, apparently a bad one. It was raining hard enough that the rain was splatting against the window. Woke me about 3am and I thought rain was coming in through the ceiling again...(anyone remember Francis and Jean?)

I bolted out of bed and started to run for the bathroom trash can when I realized that the water wasn't leaking inside the house. What a crappy way to start the day. Not to mention that it is entirely too overcast to lay out or go to the beach...bummer.

I have some proofing to do, but other than that...

Needed a little spark with my coffee today and ran across this on the Rant section of Smart Bitches Who Love Trashy Novels...thought you might also enjoy a laugh.

http://www.smartbitchestrashybooks.com/index.php/weblog/beths_guest_bitchery/
Guest Bitchery By Beth: Gaelen Foley Will Cry Like A Baby

Thanks Beth, I am currently reading my own wall-banger and I think I'm going to go finish it now with a different pair of glasses on.

...Fiona...

3 touched me

Anonymous Anonymous pondered...

Fi-

That sucks about the weather, sorry.

Thanks for the link...Beth was HILARIOUS!

-Alex

4/09/2006 09:01:00 AM  
Blogger Suisan pondered...

Oh, help.

I think I should have read that BEFORE I reviewed Lord of Fire on my blog and BEFORE I linked to Beth on my SBD post.

Could never have topped her though---I didn't hate it. Just didn't quite like it.

4/10/2006 03:37:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri Wall pondered...

I felt the same way Suisan. I have read both Fire and Ice...wasn't impressed but I liked Ice much more than Fire. Since I have liked other Foley books, she is still on the 'can be read' list.

...Fiona...

4/10/2006 09:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All content belongs to Fiona. All graphics made by Fiona unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy.